Vi likely to go 4G-only in Delhi

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 7
  • Views: Views 1,208

Basil

Staff member
Reaction score
Is this a random notification or indication of 3G shutdown?

Anyone in Delhi got it?

RoLooAP.jpg

So Vodafone 3G on 4G SIM worked like a charm last 5 months...suddenly they upgrade network and kaput.....1 bar within home for 4G...Time to switch I guess...Anyone in Delhi having trouble with VIL?

Onlytech had an article on Vodafone shutting off 3G in Bengaluru and Chennai, but didnt hear anytihng about Delhi. Anyway, sooner or later this is bound to happen. I know many other areas in other circles, where they've shut off 3G without sufficient communication or intimation. I think we have to accept that its going to be a 4G only world. They might shut off 2G too soon, but are just holding on due to the large number of low-income / basic handset users that still exist across the country.

Auto-locked to 2G since midnight. Guess they are working on their network.

UZAirtt.png

They have stated that they will continue to run its 2G GSM network. However, for data users they will be turning off 3G completely and refarming the spectrum to LTE. They were also upgrading here resulting in poor speeds for 2 days but now it's good.

3G is a goner. No operator not even BSNL will keep up it's 3G network live in near future.

They were also upgrading here resulting in poor speeds for 2 days but now it's good.

Same case. Data network went dead completely on two occasions for hours which hasn't happened in over 5 months. 3G tho is still alive and kicking. Is it still alive in your area or killed?

Shutdown of 3G is justified. 2G is a straight up bad idea. Millions of feature phone VI users would be forced to move to BSNL or Airtel.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock