Discussion * Valid ONLY ONCE * Jio Fiber Amazon Prime Subscription

• Thread starter Velu61
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10
  • Views: Views 21,085

Velu61

Reaction score
Today I surprised to note that in my Jio STB Amazon Prime video not working. My Plan is Rs 999/= in which I suppose to get all apps except Netflix. On checking I found info from their help page that the Prime Video is free only for 12 months from the date of activation and after that I have to pay subscription amount separately. Feeling bad about the JIO

Please be advised.

I came to know today, that the Amazon Prime subscription that is part of Jio Fiber's 999 and higher plans, can be availed ONLY ONCE (through any eligible Jio Fiber plan).

Even if we recharge again with any of the eligible plans for 1 more year (Annual Plan), the Amazon Prime subscription cannot be availed again, ever.

From then on, we'll have to avail the Amazon Prime subscription directly from Amazon by paying the full subscription fee for 1 year.

Please see the below posts for details:
The 999 plan's validity expired yesterday (Aug 27, 2021).

A couple of hours before that expired, I recharged with the 1499 plan (for 1 year). The 1499 plan got queued and it got activated immediately after the 999 plan's validity expired.

Originally, I had activated the 999 plan (for 6 months) on Feb 13, 2021. I activated the Amazon Prime subscription that was part of that plan, on May 17, 2021 (because my own Prime ended only then).

Until yesterday (before recharging with 1499), the My Jio app displayed the expiry date of Amazon Prime as Aug 27, 2021.

After the 1499 plan got activated, the validity of the Amazon Prime subscription changed to May 16, 2022. The validity of the rest of the subscriptions changed to Sep 21, 2022 (360+30 days).

When I called Jio Care and queried about this, they are maintaining that the Jio Fiber's bundled Amazon Prime offer can be availed ONLY ONE TIME by a customer, and since I have availed it for the 999 plan (6 months), I cannot avail it again for the 1499 plan (1 year).

And nowhere in the Jio Fiber's recharge page or the Terms and Conditions page does it say that a customer can avail the bundled Amazon Prime subscription only once for their Jio Fiber.

It even says in the following page, that after 1 year, the customer can renew their membership by recharging on jio.com.

Which is exactly what I did. Now I am feeling shortchanged. Because I payed Rs.21,225.84 for this plan.

And now I don't have the full 1 year subscription for Amazon Prime! :( :wall:
This is what that Terms and Conditions page says:

What happens at the end of one year or the Amazon Prime offer period?​

Post offer period, the membership needs to be renewed by doing recharge on Jio.com/MyJio for subsequent years.

That's really crazy
Yeah, totally!

They should clearly mention in the pop-up that details the list of subscriptions for the plan (in the app/website), or at least in the detailed Terms and Conditions for Jio Fiber Amazon Prime, that the Amazon Prime subscription can be availed once through any eligible Jio Fiber plan. And that a customer cannot avail it even if they recharge an eligible 1 year plan again.

I am searching the Terms and Conditions for Jio Fiber Amazon Prime, and I am not convinced that they have explicitly mentioned that this is a ONE TIME ONLY OFFER, forever, even for eligible 1 year plans.

It does say in some places, that after the offer ends, customer has to avail the Prime subscription directly from Amazon. However, it does not say anywhere, that a customer CANNOT avail it THROUGH any eligible JIO FIBER PLAN, more than ONCE.

Moreover, the page I had shared a link to earlier, explicitly states that a customer can renew their membership by recharging in the Jio website!
Note:
Users who are already aware of this can ignore this thread. This is only an informational thread for those who are of the impression that the offer could be availed more than once using eligible Jio Fiber plans.

Please be advised.

I came to know today, that the Amazon Prime subscription that is part of Jio Fiber's 999 and higher plans, can be availed ONLY ONCE (through any eligible Jio Fiber plan).

Even if we recharge again with any of the eligible plans for 1 more year (Annual Plan), the Amazon Prime subscription cannot be availed again, ever.

From then on, we'll have to avail the Amazon Prime subscription directly from Amazon by paying the full subscription fee for 1 year.

Please see the below posts for details:

Note:
Users who are already aware of this can ignore this thread. This is only an informational thread for those who are of the impression that the offer could be availed more than once using eligible Jio Fiber plans.
Yes it is written in their T&C you get Amazon Prime once this applicable for their post paid also

Looks like they have backtracked on this. I was able to renew my Prime membership free of cost today. I just had to wait till my paid Prime subscription got over. Jio cannot renew your Prime membership if you already have a running Prime subscription.

Looks like they have backtracked on this. I was able to renew my Prime membership free of cost today. I just had to wait till my paid Prime subscription got over. Jio cannot renew your Prime membership if you already have a running Prime subscription.

Was your earlier Prime membership activated through the JioFiber Offer as well?

Ok so this is what I think happened:

Oct 2021:
I opted for an annual Jio Fiber plan in Oct 2021. This gave me 12 months plus one month free, so the plan was active till Nov 2022. I also activated the free Amazon Prime in Oct 2021, but that had a 12 month validity so it was active only till Oct 2022.

Oct 2022:
I renewed my annual Jio Fiber plan in Oct 2022 (one month in advance) so that it continues without a break after Nov 2022.
I then tried to use the free Amazon Prime subscription offer that showed up as soon as I renewed it. However because the Jio Fiber renewal was to start only in Nov 2022, the Amazon Prime renewal did not go through in Oct 2022.
So I renewed Amazon Prime independently on a monthly basis in Oct 2022 and Nov 2022 (there is a monthly option for Amazon Prime - you may have to dig around for it).

Nov 2022:
My Jio Fiber plan renewal got activated. I then tried to use the free Amazon Prime renewal. At this point it allowed me to go through the process but stopped at the last step saying that I already had an active Amazon Prime subscription. I had to wait for the Amazon Prime subscription to end in Dec 2022.

Dec 2022:
The day my monthly Amazon Prime subscription ended, I went into MyJio and activated the free Amazon Prime subscription. This time it went through.

So now I have Jio Fiber plan activated from Nov 2022 to Dec 2023 (13 months), and Amazon Prime activated from Dec 2022 to Dec 2023.

Summary:
1. Activate Amazon Prime independently for just one month after it expires.
2. Renew Jio Fiber for an annual plan to get the full benefit of free Amazon Prime.
3. You can use the free renewal Amazon Prime offer only after your Jio Fiber plan has been renewed AND after any active Amazon Prime plan has expired.

Last edited:
Yes it was. This is my second free annual subscription. I've posted a longer explanation of what I think happened - please wait for moderator approval to view it.

Okay, cool.

The first time I availed the offer, there was a banner in the MyJio app, clicking on which took me to the Amazon website to complete the Prime activation.

However, I did not see that banner after both the times I recharged post the first time.

Sequence of my long-time recharges:

1) Feb 13, 2021 --> 999 Plan (6 Months) --> Banner was displayed --> I activated Prime on May 17, 2021. (I too had to wait for my own Prime subscription to end on May 16).

2) Aug 27, 2021 --> 1499 Plan (1 Year) --> Activated it 2 hours before the previous 999 plan expired --> Banner was NOT displayed.

3) May 17, 2022 --> Activated Prime for 1 Year through banner on MyJio. But this was not a Free Offer banner. This banner was an just ad for Prime. I had to pay Rs.1499 to Jio to activate Prime for 1 year (I did not pay to Amazon. I was billed by Jio since I used the MyJio banner to activate Prime).

4) Sep 21, 2022 --> 999 Plan (1 Year) --> Activated a few days after the previous 1499 plan expired --> Banner was NOT displayed.

Questions:
1) How was the offer made available to you? Was it via a banner too?

2) What was your previous JioFiber plan? What is your current plan?

3) Did you ever change your JioFiber registered mobile number (between recharges)? [I did not].

1) How was the offer made available to you? Was it via a banner too?
Yes it was made available through a banner in the app.

2) What was your previous JioFiber plan? What is your current plan?
My previous and current plans are both 999 (Rs.11988 for 360 + 30 days).

3) Did you ever change your JioFiber registered mobile number (between recharges)? [I did not].
No, my number is the same from the beginning.

This is my theory (so it could be wrong :)):

- 17 May 2021: You avail the offer. Jio flags you as 'offer availed' and 'subscription availed' and both these statuses are maintained till 17 May 2022.
- 27 Aug 2021: When you renewed, Jio has flagged you as 'offer availed' so no banner shown. Also, your free offer start date gets reset to the end of your current plan 21 Sep 2021, so you will not get any free offer till 21 Sep 2022.
- 17 May 2022: When one year of Amazon Prime subscription ended, Jio started showing you the banner, but since you were flagged as offer already availed till 21 Sep 2022, Jio did not offer you the free renewal.
- 17 May 2022: You renewed through Jio billing, so you have been flagged as 'subscription availed' till 17 May 2023. No banner will be shown till that date.
- 21 Sep 2022: As Jio has flagged you as as 'subscription availed' till 17 May 2023, you will not see the banner till that date.

My guess is that on 17 May 2022 if you had renewed for four months directly on Amazon Prime, you would have seen the free offer banner on 21 Sep 2022. That is what happened to me.

Now you will see the paid offer banner on 17 May 2023. At this point do not renew through Jio. Renew for five months directly with Amazon Prime. Then wait till 16 Oct 2023 till your current plan expires, and when your new plan activates you will see the free offer banner.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock