• Welcome to OnlyTech Forums
    An online community for the tech enthusiasts!

Discussion * Valid ONLY ONCE * Jio Fiber Amazon Prime Subscription

Velu61

Reaction score
Today I surprised to note that in my Jio STB Amazon Prime video not working. My Plan is Rs 999/= in which I suppose to get all apps except Netflix. On checking I found info from their help page that the Prime Video is free only for 12 months from the date of activation and after that I have to pay subscription amount separately. Feeling bad about the JIO

Sivabhaskar

Contributor
Reaction score
Please be advised.

I came to know today, that the Amazon Prime subscription that is part of Jio Fiber's 999 and higher plans, can be availed ONLY ONCE (through any eligible Jio Fiber plan).

Even if we recharge again with any of the eligible plans for 1 more year (Annual Plan), the Amazon Prime subscription cannot be availed again, ever.

From then on, we'll have to avail the Amazon Prime subscription directly from Amazon by paying the full subscription fee for 1 year.

Please see the below posts for details:
The 999 plan's validity expired yesterday (Aug 27, 2021).

A couple of hours before that expired, I recharged with the 1499 plan (for 1 year). The 1499 plan got queued and it got activated immediately after the 999 plan's validity expired.

Originally, I had activated the 999 plan (for 6 months) on Feb 13, 2021. I activated the Amazon Prime subscription that was part of that plan, on May 17, 2021 (because my own Prime ended only then).

Until yesterday (before recharging with 1499), the My Jio app displayed the expiry date of Amazon Prime as Aug 27, 2021.

After the 1499 plan got activated, the validity of the Amazon Prime subscription changed to May 16, 2022. The validity of the rest of the subscriptions changed to Sep 21, 2022 (360+30 days).

When I called Jio Care and queried about this, they are maintaining that the Jio Fiber's bundled Amazon Prime offer can be availed ONLY ONE TIME by a customer, and since I have availed it for the 999 plan (6 months), I cannot avail it again for the 1499 plan (1 year).

And nowhere in the Jio Fiber's recharge page or the Terms and Conditions page does it say that a customer can avail the bundled Amazon Prime subscription only once for their Jio Fiber.

It even says in the following page, that after 1 year, the customer can renew their membership by recharging on jio.com.

Which is exactly what I did. Now I am feeling shortchanged. Because I payed Rs.21,225.84 for this plan.

And now I don't have the full 1 year subscription for Amazon Prime! :( :wall:
This is what that Terms and Conditions page says:

What happens at the end of one year or the Amazon Prime offer period?​

Post offer period, the membership needs to be renewed by doing recharge on Jio.com/MyJio for subsequent years.

That's really crazy
Yeah, totally!

They should clearly mention in the pop-up that details the list of subscriptions for the plan (in the app/website), or at least in the detailed Terms and Conditions for Jio Fiber Amazon Prime, that the Amazon Prime subscription can be availed once through any eligible Jio Fiber plan. And that a customer cannot avail it even if they recharge an eligible 1 year plan again.

I am searching the Terms and Conditions for Jio Fiber Amazon Prime, and I am not convinced that they have explicitly mentioned that this is a ONE TIME ONLY OFFER, forever, even for eligible 1 year plans.

It does say in some places, that after the offer ends, customer has to avail the Prime subscription directly from Amazon. However, it does not say anywhere, that a customer CANNOT avail it THROUGH any eligible JIO FIBER PLAN, more than ONCE.

Moreover, the page I had shared a link to earlier, explicitly states that a customer can renew their membership by recharging in the Jio website!
Note:
Users who are already aware of this can ignore this thread. This is only an informational thread for those who are of the impression that the offer could be availed more than once using eligible Jio Fiber plans.

asi

Reaction score
Please be advised.

I came to know today, that the Amazon Prime subscription that is part of Jio Fiber's 999 and higher plans, can be availed ONLY ONCE (through any eligible Jio Fiber plan).

Even if we recharge again with any of the eligible plans for 1 more year (Annual Plan), the Amazon Prime subscription cannot be availed again, ever.

From then on, we'll have to avail the Amazon Prime subscription directly from Amazon by paying the full subscription fee for 1 year.

Please see the below posts for details:

Note:
Users who are already aware of this can ignore this thread. This is only an informational thread for those who are of the impression that the offer could be availed more than once using eligible Jio Fiber plans.
Yes it is written in their T&C you get Amazon Prime once this applicable for their post paid also

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock