Understanding mobile transactions

AnilSwipe

Reaction score
Hello there,

I understand this is a dumb question but I need to discuss my apprehensions with knowledgeable guys and verify with authoritative sources.

I did not find satisfactory answers on the internet. So I am here in this vibrant forum.

Friends I am trying to get my head around mobile transactions.

There are two kinds of transactions in Mobile applications like PhonePe, Amazon Pay and a host of other Bank applications.

One kind of transaction is carried out through the wallet. The wallet is topped up and used to pay bills.

The other transaction is carried out by linking the Bank account number to the Mobile application.

I don't understand why, while we can pay bills through wallet, we can't receive money from others to the wallet if the App is not linked to the Bank account?

Then there is this UPI transaction. In apps like PhonePe or AmazonPay, if at all we have to receive money we have to link the App to Bank account.

Suppose if I need to top up PhonePe or AmazonPay through a Banking app why should I link PhonePe or AmazonPay to the Bank account? Why can't I just create a VPA UPI ID on PhonePe or AmazonPay and use that VPA UPI ID to send money through a Banking App?

Then, is there any way to top up the Apps like PhonePe or AmazonPay with the help of a Banking App without creating a UPI ID on PhonePe or AmazonPay?

These are some of the queries boggling my mind. If anybody could elaborate on these, I would greatly appreciate.

Thank you & Regards.

Hello there,

I understand this is a dumb question but I need to discuss my apprehensions with knowledgeable guys and verify with authoritative sources.

I did not find satisfactory answers on the internet. So I am here in this vibrant forum.

Friends I am trying to get my head around mobile transactions.

There are two kinds of transactions in Mobile applications like PhonePe, Amazon Pay and a host of other Bank applications.

One kind of transaction is carried out through the wallet. The wallet is topped up and used to pay bills.

The other transaction is carried out by linking the Bank account number to the Mobile application.

I don't understand why, while we can pay bills through wallet, we can't receive money from others to the wallet if the App is not linked to the Bank account?

Then there is this UPI transaction. In apps like PhonePe or AmazonPay, if at all we have to receive money we have to link the App to Bank account.

Suppose if I need to top up PhonePe or AmazonPay through a Banking app why should I link PhonePe or AmazonPay to the Bank account? Why can't I just create a VPA UPI ID on PhonePe or AmazonPay and use that VPA UPI ID to send money through a Banking App?

Then, is there any way to top up the Apps like PhonePe or AmazonPay with the help of a Banking App without creating a UPI ID on PhonePe or AmazonPay?

These are some of the queries boggling my mind. If anybody could elaborate on these, I would greatly appreciate.

Thank you & Regards.
Well AFAIK there is no need of any kind 3Rd party apps unless we r looking for cashback of few bucks...We can use our ATM card and scan&pay...Now a days few shops r having facility of paytm phonepe and Amazon pay QR codes ...For online transactions we can use our bank cards, bank upi ID...

..Now a days few shops r having facility of paytm phonepe and Amazon pay QR codes ..
Really .. Here 99% of shops are having scan & pay option 😎👍

Today i bought ₹5 biscuit packet from one of the shop in my area for that I scanned and pay via Amazon pay then that shop owner reaction is 👇🤣

Look Whos Talking Now Reaction GIF

Really .. Here 99% of shops are having scan & pay option 😎👍

Today i bought ₹5 biscuit packet from one of the shop in my area for that I scanned and pay via Amazon pay then that shop owner reaction is 👇🤣

Look Whos Talking Now Reaction GIF
We can't see many online payment options in rural areas...I am living in rural location...In small towns there maybe 20% shops having QR code even now...That's y we cant compare between big cites and small towns..Even if those QR codes and swipe options avail they prefer cash payments...Even payers too prefer cash payments....

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock