UK: Sikh student taunted, turns into hero for poise

Greatachiever

Reaction score
An American Sikh student's dignified response to a tasteless post making fun of her facial hair has earned her a legion of fans.

A man took a photo of Balpreet Kaur and uploaded onto Reddit in the 'funny' category with the tagline 'im (sic) not sure what to conclude from this', Daily Mail reported on Wednesday.

The aspiring neurosurgeon discovered the picture -- which shows her standing in a queue -- and, instead of flying into a rage at the person behind the cheap dig, she posted a comment explaining why she didn't remove her hair.

Balpreet, an Ohio State University student, said, "I'm not embarrassed or even humiliated by the attention [negative and positive] that this picture is getting because, it's who I am."

"Yes, I'm a baptised Sikh woman with facial hair. Yes, I realise that my gender is often confused and I look different than most women."

She refused to attack the person who had posted the photo, which many viewers accused of being mean and deliberately trying to draw laughs at Balpreet's expense.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock