Uber charged 100 times more fare in US

Abhinav

Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Passengers from multiple cities of US on Wednesday reported that Uber has Charged 100 times more than usual fare. Uber Eats was also affected with this glitch.

One user has been charged $1,905 (~Rs. 1.3 lakhs), when it was supposed to be $19.05 (~Rs. 1,300). Another passenger was charged $1,308 (~Rs. 90,000) instead of $13.08 (~Rs. 900).
Source
Source

Uber said that the glitch has been fixed and fare would be corrected so riders are only charged the amount for their actual trip, but they may temporarily see inaccurate trip fare on their credit or debit cards; passengers won't need to dispute the charges with their banks.

Uber Glitch Charges Users 100 Times Normal Price in the US

Last edited:
Just think,we are still safe.Thank God UBER did not charged that ammount for us
By the way I think it is just a computer mistake if they are counting it via computer.
Or else the man who counted the charge was thinking of fooling customers.:mad:
The issue of scamming is going on whoke over the world.:cf2:
'My $19 Uber ride cost 100 times that'

In India there is OTP verification step so even if there is a technical glitch the rider will simply not pay the charges till they are corrected. This issue is a problem only for pre authorised payments like with Paytm wallet or phonepe autopay with Ola.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock