Twitter introduces beautiful I-Day emoji celebrating 70th year of India’s freedom

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Twitter, the micro-blogging site joins the band wagon three days ahead of Independence day. As we complete 69 years of independence, and will enter in to 70th year of freedom, the preparations are already going on across the country to celebrate it. Twitter, which is a go to place for every discussion happening in the world in real-time, it has come up with a new emoji celebrating Independence day of India.

The emoji looks beautiful and looking at it just fills one with pride. While composing a tweet, Indians across the world can be a part of the Independence Day conversations by using the hashtags #India #इंडिया #IndiaAt69 #भारत #IndiaIndependenceDay .

“As we celebrate seven decades of free India today, Twitter is delighted to join the celebrations with a customised emoji. The Twitter emojis continue to contribute towards more expressive and increasingly resonating content. It’s a matter of pride to notice that Twitter is gradually becoming an effective channel to add value to our users expressions enabling them to share their stories in a more meaningful manner.” said Raheel Khursheed, Head of News, Politics and Government Partnerships, Twitter India.

Previously also twitter has celebrated Indian culture by introducing emojis on the occasion of Diwali, Republic Day and other important festivals and events. Last year, Twitter introduces tri-colour flag emoji celebrating 69th year of independence.

Emojis help people communicate with each other expressing more with graphical icons, also making the conversation interesting and lively. Use of emojis has become a huge trend and a universal way of making conversations. Twitter also marked July 17 as World Emoji Day and celebrated it last month giving users an overview of most used emojis each month of year.

Independence Day: Twitter introduces beautiful I-Day emoji celebrating 70th year of India's freedom - India.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock