Twitter disables recommendation algorithm and instant retweets to combat fake news during US Election

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 8
  • Views: Views 724

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Twitter took steps on Friday to slow the way information flows on its network, even changing some of its most basic features, as alarm grows that lies and calls for violence will sweep through social media in the weeks surrounding the presidential election.

The changes will temporarily alter the look and feel of Twitter. The company will essentially give users a timeout, for example, before they can hit the button to retweet a post from another account. And if users try to share content that Twitter has flagged as false, a notice will warn them that they are about to share inaccurate information.

Twitter Will Turn Off Some Features to Fight Election Misinformation

If They Would Have Mentioned It Here Then I Wouldn't Have Updated The App Until The US Elections Got Over🤦🏻‍♂️

Good move, however paid ads recommendations im between Tweets at Twitter won't be stopped I guess and that can be a perfect replacement of the recommendations algorithm. This way Twitter will also earn heavy amount, if that's their plan. 😋

They are selective of their approach. When there is election in some other country they don't act. When it comes to their own country they always take extra precautions. No one in India will ever have guts to highlight this hypocrisy.

It Is Restored Back Now :tup:
fAa2W3R.png

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock