• Welcome to OnlyTech Forums
    An online community for the tech enthusiasts!

Took Covid vaccine using Aadhaar? Your National Health ID has been created without your consent

Bapun Raz

Quarantino
Staff member
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
A unique health ID number is causing confusion among several people who are seeing it for the first time on their vaccine certificates.
The number is seemingly being generated at the vaccine centres without the people's consent.
Only some basic information is needed to generate a person's health ID.
Then again, it was observed recently that many vaccine centers mandated people to bring their Aadhaar cards at the time of their vaccination. The mandate was implied even on those who had originally registered on the CoWin portal using a different identification.

It was observed in a specific case that the Aadhaar card mandate was put up as a system-level requirement on the vaccination centre, making it compulsory for everyone at the centre to share Aadhaar card details.

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Reaction score
Brilliant. And you wondered why apps were required for registration. Government wants your data.

Bapun Raz

Quarantino
Staff member
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
CoWIN app, used to book vaccination slots, has begun to enforce Aadhaar facial/biometric/OTP or demographic verification. These details are then used to create a health ID without informed consent.

rohitvatsa

Guru
Contributor
Reaction score
CoWIN app, used to book vaccination slots, has begun to enforce Aadhaar facial/biometric/OTP or demographic verification. These details are then used to create a health ID without informed consent.

Interestingly me and my wife took vaccine 1 day apart and for her health id was created and for me it wasn't.

And does National Herald counts as authentic source as news on this forum?

Msingh

Elite
Reaction score
Interestingly me and my wife took vaccine 1 day apart and for her health id was created and for me it wasn't.

And does National Herald counts as authentic source as news on this forum?
I don't see any UHID mentioned on our vaccination certificate.

Pallab501

Elite
Reaction score
When I took my 1st dose of Covaxin the UHID column is blank in my provisional certificate but yesterday after taking my 2nd dose there's some UHID number mentioned on my final certificate.
Don't know what's the use of this!
I don't see any UHID mentioned on our vaccination certificate.

Top Bottom