Discussion Ban on Chinese apps in India

• Thread starter Msingh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 215
  • Views: Views 19,895
Seems like WeChat is still working, despite the ban!

Yes it does. I use it as part of a gaming community and i did inform on the community, that i won't be available anymore because of the ban. But surprisingly it's still working. I could still send and receive messages.

TikTok the blocked Chinese app controlled by internet giant ByteDance, is understood to have told the government that the company is ready to set up data centres in India to store users information locally even as it denied any breach of user privacy and integrity, emphasising that its operations always adhered to local laws and regulations.

A spokesperson for TikTok said, “We have submitted our response to the government and are working with them to provide clarifications to allay the concerns they have. Throughout the duration of our operations, we have demonstrated unequivocal commitment to complying with local laws, including data privacy and security requirements.”

TikTok to government: Ready to store data locally - Times of India

Last edited by a moderator:
BENGALURU: India's most valuable company Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) is reportedly the latest bidder for the Bytedance-owned TikTok in India.

The Mukesh Ambani-led firm had begun talks last month with the Chinese firm to acquire its operations in India. The deal is said to be valued at $5 billion.

Reliance likely to acquire TikTok in India for $5 billion

RJio must not buy Tik Tok. Giving $5 billion to China would be foolish after what they are doing with us. Let our homegrown app grow or invest that money and made your own Short video platform. Let that Tik Tok rot like that. Government should also ban other Chinese companies like Alibaba funding etc.

RJio must not buy Tik Tok. Giving $5 billion to China would be foolish after what they are doing with us. Let our homegrown app grow or invest that money and made your own Short video platform. Let that Tik Tok rot like that. Government should also ban other Chinese companies like Alibaba funding etc.
It's really a fooling act by our govt to ban apps. Seriously? You will let the mobile phones but ban apps??? They just wanted to feed media. Media got fed now... None of the media will dare to ask why Mobile phones and other Chinese investments are let without ban.

Let our homegrown app grow or invest that money and made your own Short video platform. Let that Tik Tok rot like that.
Our homegrown apps similar to TikTok and Musically existed way before. They didn't recieve proper promotion and investment. Hence, foreign apps got to succeed.
Government should also ban other Chinese companies like Alibaba funding etc.
It's too late to do that. Investments were already made. It would be unethical to ban any investors since the investments were done.

It's really a fooling act by our govt to ban apps. Seriously? You will let the mobile phones but ban apps??? They just wanted to feed media. Media got fed now... None of the media will dare to ask why Mobile phones and other Chinese investments are let without ban.
Exactly. But Mobile Manufacturing ecosystem is employing some 3 lakh people in India. We should first promote our own brand , then ban them. App can be banned because alternative exist. Hardware can't as there is no alternative. Investment can be screened. Like not having majority stake etc. But as Venture funding ecosystem is not matured in India it can not be completely banned.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock