The BCCI India rights conundrum

• Thread starter Manu
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 17
  • Views: Views 2,677

Manu

Reaction score
MUMBAI: With BCCI's India media rights coming up in March, big broadcasters and digital players are readying their war chest of cash.

The current holder, Star India, acquired the rights in 2012 at Rs 3851 crore for a six-year period across 96 matches. The amount comes down to an average of Rs 40 crore per match. Multi Screen Media (Sony) bid a close second with Rs 3700 crore.

Last year, The Hindu quoted a BCCI official who said, “I wondered how Star India even agreed to pay that price for each of the three forms of internationals. The reserve price could be Rs 30 crore for home internationals, if not even lower, next year.” In the last couple of years, BCCI officials, both former and present, have made no secret of the fact that Star India would not agree to enter the India bid race if the reserve price for a home international match (including Tests, ODIs and T20Is) is set anywhere close to Rs 43 crore.

The BCCI India rights conundrum

DSPORT, is also rumoured to throw its hat into the ring for the BCCI rights. Let's see what happens.. DSPORT or SPSN?.. That's the question.. :)

Last edited:
Sai, bro, just read some articles by googling it BCCI rights, each n every article implies that Star India have no plan or not yet decided to bag this deal coz of IPL lottery win. :D My guess.. *Excuse me my bad english. :p

I hope Dsports win it..It will be exciting to watch how the cricket coverage will be on dsport

t20 & odi share with dd sport.
Star sports not interested in this tender.
If dsport win soon results become same neo sports.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock