Seeking Help Taking a Railwire Broadband connection, having some questions

Mahesh Reddy

Reaction score
@Bapun Raz Bro I have applied for a Railwire Connection for my home.I am a resident of Goa and my requested plan is 20 mbps UL for 699 per month.I wanted to know your review on Railwire regarding the Speeds,Downtime,Customer Care response,Cost(if possible) etc.

@Mahesh Reddy bro, first of all congrats for your your new broadband connection.

The connection stability and speed is upto mark. Pings are usually little high. Connection is managed by LCO (Local cable operator) - you must know have it by now. So if he is good, your connection will work great. In my case, it is same LCO who also provides many other operators including BSNL Bharat Fibre.

You should confirm about battery backup in case of power failures in LCO's area. It creates issues later on if he has improper power setup.

You can check our forum's previous threads to know more about other user reviews and queries.

Also, worth mentioning from last few days (4-5 days) my broadband is having connectivity issues, though usually it's very stable. As per LCO it is due to faulty Gigabit switch at his end. He said yesterday it was supposed to be replaced today and as promised by LCO frequent disconnection issue solved today.

Thanks for the reply My LCO is good and In Contact with me.He gave me an option between BSNL Fiber and Railwire.I choose Railwire because of very good experiences on Railway Stations as Well Affordable Plans compared BSNL Fiber.

Yes bro, Railwire is better in quality than BSNL. Apart from connectivity, with Railwire you get ad-free browsing experience where as BSNL Fibre injects ads and malware. Parallel or even beyond plan upload speed is another major plus point if you do any kind of uploading. ;)

@Bapun Raz I have recently taken a new railwire connection of 10GB per day plan. previously I was using BSNL FTTH. What I mark that my upload consumption is unusually high . Can you please guide why is the upload data so high and it impacts my daily usage

Yes bro, Railwire is better in quality than BSNL. Apart from connectivity, with Railwire you get ad-free browsing experience where as BSNL Fibre injects ads and malware. Parallel or even beyond plan upload speed is another major plus point if you do any kind of uploading. ;)
Bro I don't get any such ad injecting issues in BSNL FTTH also the upload speed is parallel as download.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock