Breaking Supreme Court allows less polluting crackers between 8 pm and 10 pm on Diwali

• Thread starter Jas
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 34
  • Views: Views 5,045

Jas

Banned
Reaction score
The Supreme Court has allowed sale of firecrackers with conditions across the country, which has the world’s 14 most polluted cities, to curb air pollution ahead of Diwali on November 7.
Manufacturers earlier told the court that the use of firecrackers should not be completely banned and it should instead be strictly regulated. They said firecrackers are not the reason for the increase in air pollution and there are other factors, like wind and temperature, which contribute to it.
SC bans manufacture, sale of firecrackers ahead of Diwali

It should be banned permanently not only for online .

Not trying to be racist here. Why don't they ban sacrifice of animals during Puja(s) and Eid? Doesn't killing animals effect the environment too?

Forget about religion. Why don't they force car manufacturers to make electric cars instead of petrol and diesel ones? And force everyone to use eco-friendly appliances.

I am not a pro-Hindu. But I find this judgement unethical towards us Hindu. We look forward to an entire year to celebrate our festival and they ruins it by dictating what time we need to burst fireworks. And even if they had to ban it. Why didn't they ban through the year? They are only choosing particular dates to offend people.

Last edited:
Crackers do no good expect for the one manufacturing or selling them ... :explode:
If they can't be stopped completely, at least their manufacturing & selling should be strictly regularized.

Burning crackers on Deepawali (only 1 day) will not going to make air unbreathable.
Limiting the time is acceptable but banning it fully will not be fair.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock