Seeking Help Suggest me a Latest SmartPhone under ₹8000

Shantanu Upadhyay

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi! All, i am looking for a Latest smartphone for my sister.
Uses - mainly for Music & Movies, clicking photos, internet surfing, accessing different apps.

Requirements

●Price- under ₹8000

●Camera- Should be good, both front & back.

●Screen- FHD

●Battery - if possible 4000mah or more.

●Ram & Rom - 4 or 3 GB ram & 64 or 32 gb Rom ( should have expendable memory)

●Sim - Dual sim

●processor- i dont have much knowledge about this but it should be quick responsive and should be able to handle multi tasking.

After sales service should be good.

Uses - mainly for Music & Movies, clicking photos, internet surfing, accessing different apps.

Requirements

●Price- under ₹8000

●Screen- FHD

●Sim - Dual sim

●processor- i dont have much knowledge about this but it should be quick responsive and should be able to handle multi tasking.

Phone Finder : Find the Phone that suits your needs | 91mobiles.com

Requirements

●Price- under ₹8000

●Screen- FHD

●Sim - Dual sim

1) Redmi Y3

2) Redmi 8A

3) Redmi 7A

Requirements

●Price- under ₹8000

●Screen- FHD

●Sim - Dual sim

Realme C3 would be a good choice imo

Add 1k more and buy Moto G7. Only downside it has 3000 mAh battery. But same makes up for it with Turbo Charging support (charger included in box) and stock Android. It's available on Flipkart.

I would like to suggest a Realme 3 pro/redmi note 7pro..Wait for the next sale,it will be available at best price with card discount.Or go with redmi note 8 u can get at 9k(with icici cc)now.U should spend 9k to get all above features at least at present.Hope real me 6 will be less than 10k n have FHD display.

Requirements

●Price- under ₹8000

●Screen- FHD

●Sim - Dual sim

Forget FHD in that budget... (Unless RN7 price drops)

Honestly speaking, you should go with Redmi 8.

Why? Well as you said your budget is 8k the device itself will cost you exactly the same.

Coming to specifications, you'll get this device uses Qualcomm SD439 SoC Processor with 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM. Furthermore, Redmi hasn't compromised with the storage expansion capability in this device as you'll get a dedicated slot for inserting a Micro SD Card in it. That is you'll be getting the 3 slots for using two sim cards and a SD Card together in this device.

Getting further, the device is powered by a humongous 5000mah battery which will keep this kicking for a good 1.5 day.

Others are suggesting you 8A or 8A dual which are having near to equal specs as 8 but with a big differences of camera and a fingerprint sensor.

Yes, you might get 8A for 6K but you have to compromise with dual camera and a fingerprint sensor.

You can get 8A Dual which has dual camera but still lacking the fingerprint sensor and also has 3/32 (RAM/ROM) memory mappings. Which is a bit less now as the internet is getting faster and faster.
However you'll get the 2+1 feature in both 8A and 8A dual that is 2 sim with micro SD card.
8A Dual cost you 7K but still lacking everyone's beloved fingerprint.

You can say that Redmi 8 is a combination of 8A and 8A Dual with an addition of fingerprint sensor too.

However, if we keep camera and fingerprint aside for a minute you can compare these 3 devices and will see that there is not even a single difference in any of them.

Now, many will suggest you realme devices. But I won't. The answer is simple that redmi has this tradition of providing Infrared controller in every devices they make but this isn't same with Realme. You won't be getting infrared in realme smartphone.

Another BIG Difference between realme and redmi is of a notification LED. You won't be getting a notification LED in Realme devices which means your screen will brighten up everytime you'll be receiving any notification which I personally find irritating. Whenever you get a message or a miss call the screen will lit up where only a notification led will light up in redmi device.

Let me explain it in bit easier way.

Feature ListRedmi 8ARedmi 8A DualRedmi 8Realme 3
Dual Camera
NO​
YES
YES
YES
Fingerprint Sensor
NO​
NO​
YES
NO​
Processor
SD439​
SD439 SoC​
SD439SoC​
Helio G70​
Notification LED
YES
YES
YES
NO​
Battery (mah)
Dedicated SD Card slot(2+1)
YES
YES
YES
YES
Wireless FM
YES
YES
YES
NO​
Infrared
YES
YES
YES
NO​
Screen Protection
Gorilla Glass 5
Gorilla Glass 5
Gorilla Glass 5
Gorilla Glass 3

With this table you can easily evaluate that Redme 8 has a slightly upper edge among all the other devices.

I hope this helped you to decide a better device for yourself. Good luck.

Thank you for reading.

AdhunikAbhi

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock