Reaction score
india in USA

Star awarded broadcast rights for India-West Indies T20Is

The Board of Control for Cricket in
India (BCCI) on Monday (August 8)
awarded broadcast rights for the
forthcoming Twenty20 International
(T20I) series between India and West
Indies in Florida to Star India Pvt. Ltd.
After a tender, bidding and evaluation
process, Star, India's broadcaster for
home games, acquired the rights for a
sum of INR 34.2 Crores.

"I am pleased to announce that Star
India will be the official broadcaster. It
will ensure the BCCI is able to
guarantee maximum exposure and
further increase the visibility of this
new initiative," board president
Anurag Thakur was quoted as saying
by a BCCI release.
Commenting on the development, Ajay
Shirke, the board secretary said: "Star
India has been an excellent partner for the BCCI -- Read More: STAR going to Telecast India vs WI -- T20 Series

Indian Television Dot Com | Star India bags India-Windies US T-20 series rights

MUMBAI: Cricket fans and more specially T-20 fans can rejoice. They can watch the T-20 series to be played between India and the West Indies on 27-28 August 2016 in Florida in the US on Star India’s sports channels. The games are to be played following India's ongoing Test series against West Indies.

The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) yesterday awarded the broadcast rights to Star India which agreed to pay Rs 34.2 crore for the two international matches. BCCI took the decision following a tender, bidding and evaluation process. The reserve price for each match, according to media reports had been kept at Rs 11 crore.

Said BCCI president Anurag Thakur in a BCCI press release: “I am pleased to announce that Star India will be the official broadcaster. It will ensure the BCCI is able to guarantee maximum exposure and further increase the visibility of this new initiative.”

Added BCCI secretary Ajay Shirke:”Star India has been an excellent partner for the BCCI. They have a deep understanding of the game of cricket, and what it means to the nation. We are pleased to extend our association with them. This agreement also reflects our strategy to develop new markets and fan following.”

India vs West Indies 2t20 on star sports

Star sports 1,3,hd1,hd3 live 2t20 india vs West Indies

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock