Sri Lanka tour of India, 2017

ABCDEFGH

Reaction score
Sri Lanka set for packed India tour

i

Sri Lanka arrive in India next month for a cramped tour that will have them playing three Tests, three ODIs and three T20Is in 37 days, with the first Test likely to begin in Kolkata on November 16.

Nagpur and Delhi will host the second and third Tests, before the limited-overs leg kicks off with the first ODI in Dharamsala on December 10. Mohali and Visakhapatnam complete the ODI fixtures, after which the T20Is will be held in Cuttack, Indore and Mumbai. While the BCCI hasn't made an official announcement yet, ESPNcricinfo verified the schedule with most of the hosting centres.

The second Test will be Nagpur's first Test since the ICC gave the Jamtha surface a 'poor' rating during the series against South Africa in 2015. The pitch in Nagpur has since been relaid, and it hosted the fifth ODI between India and Australia on October 1.
Indore and Mumbai will be staging their second international games in the space of a few months, both hosting T20Is against Sri Lanka. Indore hosted an ODI against Australia, and Mumbai will host a New Zealand ODI. Thiruvananthapuram, which had been initially allotted a T20I against Sri Lanka, will now host a T20I against New Zealand on November 7 after swapping fixtures with Cuttack.

Z1uWM7m.jpg

Last edited:

i

Sri Lanka arrive in India next month for a cramped tour that will have them playing three Tests, three ODIs and three T20Is in 37 days, with the first Test likely to begin in Kolkata on November 16.

Nagpur and Delhi will host the second and third Tests, before the limited-overs leg kicks off with the first ODI in Dharamsala on December 10. Mohali and Visakhapatnam complete the ODI fixtures, after which the T20Is will be held in Cuttack, Indore and Mumbai. While the BCCI hasn't made an official announcement yet, ESPNcricinfo verified the schedule with most of the hosting centres.

The second Test will be Nagpur's first Test since the ICC gave the Jamtha surface a 'poor' rating during the series against South Africa in 2015. The pitch in Nagpur has since been relaid, and it hosted the fifth ODI between India and Australia on October 1.
Indore and Mumbai will be staging their second international games in the space of a few months, both hosting T20Is against Sri Lanka. Indore hosted an ODI against Australia, and Mumbai will host a New Zealand ODI. Thiruvananthapuram, which had been initially allotted a T20I against Sri Lanka, will now host a T20I against New Zealand on November 7 after swapping fixtures with Cuttack.

Z1uWM7m.jpg

Y is bcci intensely packing the tours?Immediately after that we should go for a long tour to south africa. Fitness of the players will be a problem. Especially of fast bowlers(very much required in SA).
They could have dropped one test or the T20s

Y is bcci intensely packing the tours?Immediately after that we should go for a long tour to south africa. Fitness of the players will be a problem. Especially of fast bowlers(very much required in SA).
They could have dropped one test or the T20s
Money

The auto-choice players for all 3 formats must be rested in NZ & SL ODIs before they are drained out.
Virat, Pandya, Umesh, Shami (Test regulars) should skip at least 1 ODI series. Shikhar was rested in last ODI series, so he can play all matches (but better to skip SL series for him too).

Sri Lanka is all set to lose once again In all 3 Formats of the game it's better Sri Lanka stop touring India henceforth it's no Battle Series

Sri Lanka is all set to lose once again In all 3 Formats of the game it's better Sri Lanka stop touring India henceforth it's no Battle Series
Probably india can experiment in SL series. Kohli,dhoni,shami,bhuvi should rest. I wish Sanju samson/ any new WK gets a chance

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock