Good News Sony Pictures Networks India acquires broadcast rights of marquee FIFA events

• Thread starter iSK
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 9
  • Views: Views 2,273

iSK

Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:
Star : Bundesliga, Premier League, AFC's matches, ISL, I-League
Sony : FIFA's matches, UEFA's matches, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, Ligue 1, Serie A, La Liga
DSports : MLS, CSL, Copa America Cup
Neo use to own Eredivisie rights. After their closure no one equired Eredivisie rights. But who has rights to CONMEBOL's matches? Other than Copa America Cup. I didn't notice DSports airing any CONMEBOL's matches.

Sony : FIFA's matches, UEFA's matches, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, Ligue 1, Serie A, La Liga
Neo use to own Eredivisie rights. After their closure no one equired Eredivisie rights. But who has rights to CONMEBOL's matches? Other than Copa America Cup. I didn't notice DSports airing any CONMEBOL's matches.

Sony had la liga rights only for 2018-19 season and we never know what will happen coming season
and as far as i remember Star doesnt have Premier League rights for next season , there is a rumor that Facebook is eyeing on that 😝
Premier League broadcast deals for 2019-2022

Last edited:
Sony had la liga rights only for 2018-19 season and we never know what will happen coming season
and as far as i remember Star doesnt have Premier League rights for next season , there is a rumor that Facebook is eyeing on that 😝
so facebook again wants to kill another football league and this time premire league
hope sony acquired rights of premire leauge if not then channels like mtv and vh1 go for right like they done for copa del ray tournament of star failed to acquired rights of premire league otherwise dark days come for football fans

Last edited:
so facebook again wants to kill another football league and this time premire league
hope sony acquired rights of premire leauge if not then channels like mtv and vh1 go for right like they done for copa del ray tournament of star failed to acquired rights of premire league otherwise dark days come for football fans

i think star is broke after spending millions on IPL :rofl2:
yeah i hope someone gets copa del ray rights , it is missing for years

Ligue-1...???
For next season...?

i think star is broke after spending millions on IPL :rofl2:
yeah i hope someone gets copa del ray rights , it is missing for years

Star India may play a googly like they always do. They launched Star Sports 4 then Star Sports 2 and recently Star Sports 3 stating that it will cater to football fans but within few weeks remove all what was promised and insert cricket highlights 24 hours.

They may buy Premier League, put some games on a new channel to get it placed on various platforms and later remove football from it, shift it to digital and bore us with some more cricket :)

I used to be so interested in watching Indian Team play cricket during growing up days but Star + BCCI have just destroyed that passion. Now i pray that some day Star India will give more coverage to other sports, Sony is my pick till then

Star India may play a googly like they always do. They launched Star Sports 4 then Star Sports 2 and recently Star Sports 3 stating that it will cater to football fans but within few weeks remove all what was promised and insert cricket highlights 24 hours.

They may buy Premier League, put some games on a new channel to get it placed on various platforms and later remove football from it, shift it to digital and bore us with some more cricket :)

I used to be so interested in watching Indian Team play cricket during growing up days but Star + BCCI have just destroyed that passion. Now i pray that some day Star India will give more coverage to other sports, Sony is my pick till then
Same. I only started watching cricket only after India team coming to my city.

Sony Pictures Networks India (SPNI) has acquired the exclusive broadcast rights for marquee FIFA events in 2019 including the FIFA Women’s World Cup France 2019, the FIFA U-20 World Cup Poland 2019, the FIFA U-17 World Cup Brazil 2019 and the FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup Paraguay 2019.

Sony Pictures Networks India acquires broadcast rights of marquee FIFA events - TelevisionPost: Latest News, India’s Television, Cable, DTH, TRAI
Only for 2019? That's a big let down, at least there should've been the world cups

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock