• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 12
  • Views: Views 8,258

Siva

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm facing an issue with the Live content on Sony Liv. It doesn't play on big screen. I tried with Apple TV, Google TV, both doesn't work. It plays fine on the mobile, though. Anyone has any clue?

Solution
Ok. We figured out the issue. It is the DNS setup at the router level. I was using adguard DNS at the router level and Sony Liv app seems to check this (Even for premium users) before playing the Live content. If there's an adblocker, it doesn't play. I have manually changed the DNS on my Android TV to cloudflare dns and it started working.

I was confused with the fact that it was working on my mobile with the same network setup. However, it was working on the mobile because the Private IP setting was ON, which was using it's own random DNS rather than the one setup at the router level. As soon as I turned that setting off, live content stopped working on mobile too, confirming the issue was with the adguard DNS. Below is the...
Ok. We figured out the issue. It is the DNS setup at the router level. I was using adguard DNS at the router level and Sony Liv app seems to check this (Even for premium users) before playing the Live content. If there's an adblocker, it doesn't play. I have manually changed the DNS on my Android TV to cloudflare dns and it started working.

I was confused with the fact that it was working on my mobile with the same network setup. However, it was working on the mobile because the Private IP setting was ON, which was using it's own random DNS rather than the one setup at the router level. As soon as I turned that setting off, live content stopped working on mobile too, confirming the issue was with the adguard DNS. Below is the screenshot of this setting on iOS.

O2LTHiY.jpg

Hope this helps people who face similar issue.

Special thanks to @Esmail bro for quickly getting to the bottom of this 😊

Solution
Sony Liv doesn't works with ad blocker. Even if you got a premium subscription.

I'm new to SonyLiv. I subscribed on Friday.
The app constantly stops and often suggests I have no internet connection. Hotstar and BBC iPlayer all stream ok.
Could the issue be the static SmartDNS I use to allow streaming from all over the world ?

I'm new to SonyLiv. I subscribed on Friday.
The app constantly stops and often suggests I have no internet connection. Hotstar and BBC iPlayer all stream ok.
Could the issue be the static SmartDNS I use to allow streaming from all over the world ?
I also have the same issue with sony liv with smart dns, it used to work better but the app has always been a bit buggy, you can get it to work if you use an older version of their app or at least thats what i tried for android tv, but still its far from ideal and it still has issues sometimes, also the Apple TV/iOS app seems to work better also

I also have the same issue with sony liv with smart dns, it used to work better but the app has always been a bit buggy, you can get it to work if you use an older version of their app or at least thats what i tried for android tv, but still its far from ideal and it still has issues sometimes, also the Apple TV/iOS app seems to work better also
Tech support suggest the issues relate to conflicts between Google DNS servers and our ISP's. See the explanatory document here about adding additional routing information to the admin setup on your router...or have you already tried and failed ?

Tech support suggest the issues relate to conflicts between Google DNS servers and our ISP's. See the explanatory document here about adding additional routing information to the admin setup on your router...or have you already tried and failed ?
I’ve been in contact with them seems like they changed something and it’s working now

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock