Discussion Silent Diwali: Ban on sale and use of firecrackers

abhi1276

Reaction score
It will be a silent Diwali this year with the Supreme Court upholding its ban on sale of firecrackers in New Delhi and the National Capital Region (NCR) till November 1. Diwali falls on October 19.
A Supreme Court bench headed by Justice AK Sikri had on October 6 reserved its order on a plea seeking restoration of last year's order banning the sale of firecrackers in Delhi-NCR.
Silent Diwali: Ban on sale of firecrackers in Delhi, NCR to continue till Nov 1

Reactions: Omi
The reaction of banker-turned-author.
Chetan bhagat
“SC bans fireworks on Diwali? A full ban? What’s Diwali for children without crackers? Can I just ask on cracker ban. Why only guts to do this for Hindu festivals? Banning goat sacrifice and Muharram bloodshed soon too?” Chetan Bhagat said referring to festivals like Bakr-eid.
“Banning crackers on Diwali is like banning Christmas trees on Christmas and goats on Bakr-Eid. Regulate. Don’t ban. Respect traditions,” he added.
My question is you can be angry with supreme court verdict but why people always have to bring caste in it and create unnecessary debate and the SC didnt want to banned but they may not have a choice in this matter as per situation.
SC Ban on Firecrackers: What’s Diwali Without Crackers, Says Author Chetan Bhagat, Gets Trolled

Last edited:
SC ban on firecrackers: Industry stares at Rs 1,000-crore loss, layoffs
“Diwali is the time we make maximum profits and the SC order will completely smash many units,” Asai Thmabi, president of Tamil Nadu Fireworks and Amorces Manufacturers Association, told Hindustan Times. He said there was no time for a review of the top court order as only 10 days remained for Diwali.

“We cause pollution only for a week at best, but vehicles pollute the city 24x7 all 365 days. What about that?”

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock