Seeking Help shutdown

gadabarai

Reaction score
Am recently updated with Windows 10 ,in my pc, my problem is fan running continuously after shutdown,the led light is also on,the display is blank.how to fix this issue?

Am recently updated with Windows 10 ,in my pc, my problem is fan running continuously after shutdown,the led light is also on,the display is blank.how to fix this issue?

Did the update successfully completed?
What was the last message seen before the display going dark?
Any valuable data on PC?
Dont do anything to the computer. Dont turn it off.

This is due to fast startup feature. The display turns off and after that the computer shutdown. This is not an issue. Your computer should turn off within 1-2 min.
3. click "choose what the power button do"
4. click "change settings that are unavailable"
5. untick "turn on fast startup"
6. save changes

Last edited:
Just for gk how did you update to window 10 was it free ?me too planning to update 10 using assistive technology loophole:wink:

Last edited:
Once I click the shutdown button,it shows the shutdown image within 5 seconds the system goes blank.

This is due to fast startup feature. The display turns off and after that the computer shutdown. This is not an issue. Your computer should turn off within 1-2 min.
3. click "choose what the power button do"
4. click "change settings that are unavailable"
5. untick "turn on fast startup"
6. save changes
No bro it's not working,the fan is still running,the led light on.every time I shutdown the display shows shutdown image and within 5 seconds the system goes blank,but now the shutdown image shows more than 30 seconds and goes blank.

No bro it's not working,the fan is still running,the led light on.every time I shutdown the display shows shutdown image and within 5 seconds the system goes blank,but now the shutdown image shows more than 30 seconds and goes blank.

Did you upgrade or Clean install ? If light and fan is on then laptop is not shutting down even if Display is blank.

First try to boot into clean boot(without any additional software like antivirus and other start up programmes) by going into msconfig menu. And check the issue for few times

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

And also Check device manager for any missing driver, specially Display driver and chipset driver

Did you upgrade or Clean install ? If light and fan is on then laptop is not shutting down even if Display is blank.

First try to boot into clean boot(without any additional software like antivirus and other start up programmes) by going into msconfig menu. And check the issue for few times

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

And also Check device manager for any missing driver, specially Display driver and chipset driver
Bro am using windows 10 in my desktop pc.recently I bought assembled pc,the engineer install the windows 10 is.i using this pc for my office purpose, installing billing software.if I do any boot it will affect the billing software? My billing software contains 10 years old data

Bro am using windows 10 in my desktop pc.recently I bought assembled pc,the engineer install the windows 10 is.i using this pc for my office purpose, installing billing software.if I do any boot it will affect the billing software? My billing software contains 10 years old data

A clean boot is for diagnostic purpose only, Everything will remain as it is, what we want to see is that any installed software is causing that wired Windows 10 behavior or nor. If you find same issue in clean boot then issue is with hardware or driver.

If no issue in clean boot then the problem is not with Windows or the hardware or driver, the problem is with installed software, to find out that culprit, then you have to enable few items in boot menu(msconfig) and check that issue if no issue then you have to enable few more and check again. It's a trial and error method to find out that software which is preventing windows from shutting down.

As a first step you can also test your PC with Safe Mode to check that issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock