Sehwag named KXIP strategy head, brand ambassador

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Kings XI Punjab have appointed Virender Sehwag as their head of cricket operations and strategy, and brand ambassador too for the upcoming season of the Indian Premier League (IPL), it was announced on Monday (January 23).

"It is such an honour to lead this team and mentor our young talent," said Sehwag, who was the team mentor in 2016. "Kings XI Punjab is a team very close to my heart and I am looking forward to a great season with them."

Sehwag has been involved with the franchise since 2014, when he was picked in the auction for Rs. 3.2 crore. He scored 455 runs from 17 matches at a strike-rate of 144.44, only behind Glenn Maxwell, for the franchise. His vital knock of 122 in Qualifier 2 took Punjab to the final that they ended up losing to Kolkata Knight Riders.

"With Viru's vast knowledge and expertise, it is a matter of great pride for Kings XI Punjab to have him mentor the squad this season. We are absolutely confident that his experience and ability will add great value to the franchise and wish him the best in his new role," the franchise quoted the promoters as saying in a statement.

In the 2015 edition, he played only eight matches, in what was a lean season for him fetching 99 runs at 12.37. He then retired from all forms of cricket in the following year and was subsequently named the team's mentor.

Sehwag named KXIP strategy head, brand ambassador - Cricbuzz

Iharish007 said:
His strategy is very simple See the ball and hit the ball out of the park.

:hehe right :tup

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock