• Replies: Replies 34
  • Views: Views 4,384

Siva

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

My Samsung S7 edge phone suddenly got switched off yesterday evening and since then it's refusing to boot. The LED keeps blinking in red. Phone doesn't charge. Things I tried.

1. Tried to charge with different cables, chargers
2. Tried to Hard reset using Vol -/Power button
3. Tried to Boot into recovery using Vol+/Home/Power button
4. Tried connecting to the laptop and see if that gets the device charged

Nothing works. I knew something is wrong with it when it's not even recognized as a device in my laptop when connected through USB. Today, I took it to the service center and after verifying they said, the mother board is gone and has to be replaced. Looks like It costs 14.5k as the mobile is out of warranty. I bought it in November 2016, it's been around 1.10 years.

It's hard to digest this, because we spend so much money to buy a flagship phone and we run into such issues post warranty period (In this case 1.10 years) for which the service costs hefty amounts. Absolutely ridiculous!! I regret buying a Samsung Flagship.

Every electronic product now days facing issue after end of warrenty period
My LED tv got damaged after end of 3 years extended warrenty period

Now a days, Any electronic component life is very less, maximum life of mobile phone is 3-4 years, they are not like Nokia phone which were best.

Hey Guys,

My Samsung S7 edge phone suddenly got switched off yesterday evening and since then it's refusing to boot. The LED keeps blinking in red. Phone doesn't charge. Things I tried.

1. Tried to charge with different cables, chargers
2. Tried to Hard reset using Vol -/Power button
3. Tried to Boot into recovery using Vol+/Home/Power button
4. Tried connecting to the laptop and see if that gets the device charged

Nothing works. I knew something is wrong with it when it's not even recognized as a device in my laptop when connected through USB. Today, I took it to the service center and after verifying they said, the mother board is gone and has to be replaced. Looks like It costs 14.5k as the mobile is out of warranty.

It's hard to digest this, because we spend so much money to buy a flagship phone and we run into such issues post warranty period for which the service costs hefty amounts. Absolutely ridiculous!! I regret buying a Samsung Flagship.
Samsung 😐

Anyway did the charger give you a higher output than expected. Because 2 times a similar thing happened, though not with Samsung , but with Redmi note 3

Last edited:
Mobile phone manufactures should offer like 3 years warrenty on flagship products like the long they provide security patches.

Yours lasted almost two years.I bought a Samsung mid rangers in 2014 for 11k,it died badly in 13th month just after warrenty is over.

Samsung 😐

Anyway did the charger give you a higher output than expected. Because 2 times a similar thing happened, though not with Samsung , but with Redmi note 3
I didn't understand bro? Phone didn't die while charging, if that's what you thought.
Mobile phone manufactures should offer like 3 years warrenty on flagship products like the long they provide security patches.

Yours lasted almost two years.I bought a Samsung mid rangers in 2014 for 11k,it died badly in 13th month just after warrenty is over.
We expect flagship phones to last at least 3 years. I don't think Apple devices face these kind of issues even after long use. My friend had been using iPhone 6 for past 4 years and it's still good although battery capacity reduced a bit.

Apple provides better after sales service in form of replacement rather than repairing.They do get faulty but less compared to samsung.But new iphones have a problem that if the glass at the back get broken the entire display needs to replaced to repair it which will cost you a flagship killer price.

I didn't understand bro? Phone didn't die while charging, if that's what you thoug
That is indeed what I had thought. I had connected my phone to a QC. 3.0 charger, and that's how my phone died

@Siva bro, did you lost some data due to this damage?:(

@Siva bro, did you lost some data due to this damage?:(
No bro, nothing important was on it. But it is just ridiculous to lose a phone like this. It's lying like a brick now. Don't know what to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock