• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1
  • Views: Views 1,283

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
KOLKATA: The six-year-old daughter of a s#x worker, who was allegedly being tortured by her mother and her partner for the past few months, was rescued by other s#x workers on Tuesday. Later, a complaint was lodged at Burtolla police station.

The girl used to stay at Indubabala - a home run by the Durbar Mahila Samanwaya Committee (DMSC) - in Ultadanga. The Class-I student had gone to visit her mother, a resident of the city's red light district Sonagachhi, during the summer vacation. But sources said that the girl was not sent back to the home after the vacations got over. The mother, who operates from 5, Durga Charan Mitra Street, and her partner used to torture the child on a regular basis, alleged neighbours.

They would often hear the child yelling out in pain. On Tuesday, some s#x workers thus raided the mother's room.

"The mother and her partner had smashed her finger under some heavy object, clump of hair had been pulled off and the child was also attacked with sharp objects. How can a mother be this cruel?" said Swapna Gayen.

After rescuing her on Tuesday, the locals took her to Medical College and Hospital Calcutta for treatment. A CT scan will be done on the victim on Wednesday.

The little girl, who looked relieved, kept saying that she did not want to return to her mother. "They used to beat me all the time for no fault of mine. Please do not send me back to my mother," the weeping girl pleaded.

"If the girl meets this kind of treatment from her own mother, she would surely become a victim of circumstances soon. There are so many wolves around who will exploit the girl and introduce her into the profession any time. Therefore, we want the girl to stay at a safer place," said a member of DMSC.

TOI

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock