Ryan Harris keen on Australia's bowling coach role

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 488

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
Ryan Harris, the former Australia pacer, has said that he's keen to take up the role of bowling coach with the national side and that he wants to work with Darren Lehmann again. The 36-year-old Harris, who retired ahead of the 2015 Ashes series in England, had in the past indicated a preference to take up a coaching or a consultant role post his playing career.

"I think deep down if they asked me to do it tomorrow, I'd jump at it," Harris told cricket.com.au on Wednesday (March 2). "But that's something Darren and Pat Howard and the guys (at Cricket Australia) have to decide.

"There are obviously other guys who are doing a great job in state cricket as well who could get the opportunity. It's definitely a goal for me to take over that position at some stage. It's definitely something I want to do. I see (coaching) as similar to your playing career; you want to coach the best teams at the top level and that's something I'm definitely aiming to do, absolutely."

Harris acknowledged that he learnt a lot while playing with Lehmann as coach. "It'd huge to be able to work alongside him," he said. "I've learnt a lot off him in my playing career and most of (my) coaching off him as well.

"So it'd be great to be reunited with him ... working in that environment he creates."

Australia will be without the services of Craig McDermott, who decided to step down after T20 WC in India. ."He'll be missed, there's no doubt about that," he said. "He did a great job when I was there and Mitch Johnson was there and the guys that are there now are pretty close to him as well. So he's definitely going to be missed.

"He's a great person to have around that side and he's made a great contribution to the success we've had in that side over the past four or five years."

http://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/78369/ryan-harris-keen-on-australias-bowling-coach-role

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock