Root named England Test captain(offically)

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Joe Root has been named as England's Test captain on Monday (February 13) with Ben Stokes appointed as his deputy. Root was understood to have been interviewed by England's Director of Cricket Andrew Strauss last week for the top job. Strauss also met Stokes and senior pacer Stuart Broad to fetch his inputs on England's results in the Test arena in the last few months.

The process to appoint the new skipper began last week after Alastair Cook had stepped down from his role following the 4-0 loss in India. Cook had led England in 59 Tests, the most by any captain in the country's history. Root has captained in only four first-class matches so far in his career but has been Cook's deputy since 2015. He has scored more than 4500 runs in his 53-match Test career at an impressive average of 52.80.

"It is a huge honour to be given the England Test captaincy," Root said following his appointment. "I feel privileged, humbled and very excited.

Root named England Test captain - Cricbuzz

@rahul bhaiya -- I already told many times to you openly or personally not to post whole article you said yes but not atleast try to implement .. In what way you want me to request you bro :huh:huh:huh ..

Gobinaath said:
@rahul bhaiya -- I already told many times to you openly or personally not to post whole article you said yes but not atleast try to implement .. In what way you want me to request you bro :huh:huh:huh ..

bro edited thread as for you i.e. mobile version and reduce the thread information.

TushShar said:
So now Each of the Modern Great i.e. Smith,Williamson,Kohli & now Root leading their country

Except for De Kock he is also Modern Great Batsman.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock