Review of My boAt Soundbar 1190

Mahesh Reddy

Reaction score
This is my review of the Recent Purchase of boAt Soundbar 1190 : Good News - Bought boAt Soundbar 1190.
Reason for Purchase:
I have a Mi TV 4A Pro since 2 Years.The Audio Output of the TV is 20 w DTS Sound.It does not have Dolby Audio.The Tv does not have in built subwoofers like the Current Realme Tvs.So I was planning on Buying a Soundbar from a Long Time.I prefer SoundBar over Home Theater Because of Space Issues,Wire Management and Cleaning Problems.Also I am not Dolby Sound or Surround Sound enthusiast.I just wanted a Good Sound Experience.

Design and Packaging:
The Packaging was okay.There was a small dent on the Front Top Edge of the Sound Bar.Apart from that there are no problems.The Package was delivered on Time.The Design is simple,minimal and Stylish.It really suits the TV.There are 4x10 w speakers in the Front and 2x25 w speakers on the Top.There is a Power,Vol Up,Vol Down,Mode,Play/Pause,Forward,Rewind Button on the Right.The Power point,All the Input Ports are in the back.There is a Power switch on the Soundbar beside the Power Point.
Pics:

Power Point has a ON-OFF Button

SoundBar OFF/Standby

SoundBar ON

Remote:

The SoundBar Comes included with a Remote.It is an IR Remote.The Remote has Media Control Buttons,Volume Buttons,Mute Button,Equalizer Change Button. Connectivity Mode Change Buttons as well as Direct Connectivity Options,3-D Button,Loop Button.

Connectivity:
There are Various Connectivity Option Bluetooth,Coaxial,Aux,HDMI ARC,USB Mode.I have connected my My TV using Coaxial Cable.I tried to connect using ARC Input but the connection was not stable.Also the TV has no sound option to choose between ARC,Coaxial. So I choose Coaxial Option and Bought a AmazonBasics Coaxial cable.
Pics:

Sound:
The Sound Bar has 3 Equalizer Modes Movies,Music and News.They are named as EQ1,EQ2,EQ3.There is no mention in the Manual or Box or Anywhere which EQ is which mode.I prefer EQ 2 has the Music and Voice is Equal in this Mode.Even I could'nt figure out which mode is for what.EQ1 and EQ2 are almost similar,EQ3 has a lower music preference.
The Bass and Treble has a range from -5 to +5.The SoundBar works really well with the OTT Apps and Online Music/Video Apps.But DTH Some channels have a low sound output and some have high sound output.There is also a delay in the Sound when Bluetooth is used as Connectivity to TV.
The Bass is moderate and pleasant.I don't like huge bass beats.So I preferred this Soundbar.The Sub Woofers are very good with good effects.There Highs,Lows and the Voice are clear and distinguishable.The Sound was high on low Volume on ARC but with Coaxial it is a constant setting of Vol.
The maximum volume for the SoundBar is 32. 3-D Mode is to create a virtual surround experience

Summary:
A Good Soundbar with the Necessary Settings for a Overall experience

Pros:
1.Simple,Minimal,Compact Design.
2.Remote Included.
3.Various Connectivity Modes.
4.3 Equalizer Modes:Movies,Music,News + 3D mode.
5.Control Buttons on the Soundbar.
6.Very Good for OTT Apps.
7.LED Display.

Cons:
1. Bluetooth Connectivity has a Delay in Sound Output.
2. DTH has a low Sound-Output for Some Channels like News
3. Equalizer is not distinguishable between EQ1 and EQ2 + Plus way of Comparing EQ Modes to Movies Music and News.

Last edited:
This is my review of the Recent Purchase of boAt Soundbar 1190 : Good News - Bought boAt Soundbar 1190.
Reason for Purchase:
I have a Mi TV 4A Pro since 2 Years.The Audio Output of the TV is 20 w DTS Sound.It does not have Dolby Audio.The Tv does not have in built subwoofers like the Current Realme Tvs.So I was planning on Buying a Soundbar from a Long Time.I prefer SoundBar over Home Theater Because of Space Issues,Wire Management and Cleaning Problems.Also I am not Dolby Sound or Surround Sound enthusiast.I just wanted a Good Sound Experience.

Design and Packaging:
The Packaging was okay.There was a small dent on the Front Top Edge of the Sound Bar.Apart from that there are no problems.The Package was delivered on Time.The Design is simple,minimal and Stylish.It really suits the TV.There are 4x10 w speakers in the Front and 2x25 w speakers on the Top.There is a Power,Vol Up,Vol Down,Mode,Play/Pause,Forward,Rewind Button on the Right.The Power point,All the Input Ports are in the back.There is a Power switch on the Soundbar beside the Power Point.
Pics:

Power Point has a ON-OFF Button

SoundBar OFF/Standby

SoundBar ON

Remote:

The SoundBar Comes included with a Remote.It is an IR Remote.The Remote has Media Control Buttons,Volume Buttons,Mute Button,Equalizer Change Button. Connectivity Mode Change Buttons as well as Direct Connectivity Options,3-D Button,Loop Button.

Connectivity:
There are Various Connectivity Option Bluetooth,Coaxial,Aux,HDMI ARC,USB Mode.I have connected my My TV using Coaxial Cable.I tried to connect using ARC Input but the connection was not stable.Also the TV has no sound option to choose between ARC,Coaxial. So I choose Coaxial Option and Bought a AmazonBasics Coaxial cable.
Pics:

Sound:
The Sound Bar has 3 Equalizer Modes Movies,Music and News.They are named as EQ1,EQ2,EQ3.There is no mention in the Manual or Box or Anywhere which EQ is which mode.I prefer EQ 2 has the Music and Voice is Equal in this Mode.Even I could'nt figure out which mode is for what.EQ1 and EQ2 are almost similar,EQ3 has a lower music preference.
The Bass and Treble has a range from -5 to +5.The SoundBar works really well with the OTT Apps and Online Music/Video Apps.But DTH Some channels have a low sound output and some have high sound output.There is also a delay in the Sound when Bluetooth is used as Connectivity to TV.
The Bass is moderate and pleasant.I don't like huge bass beats.So I preferred this Soundbar.The Sub Woofers are very good with good effects.There Highs,Lows and the Voice are clear and distinguishable.The Sound was high on low Volume on ARC but with Coaxial it is a constant setting of Vol.
The maximum volume for the SoundBar is 32. 3-D Mode is to create a virtual surround experience

Summary:
A Good Soundbar with the Necessary Settings for a Overall experience

Pros:
1.Simple,Minimal,Compact Design.
2.Remote Included.
3.Various Connectivity Modes.
4.3 Equalizer Modes:Movies,Music,News + 3D mode.
5.Control Buttons on the Soundbar.
6.Very Good for OTT Apps.
7.LED Display.

Cons:
1. Bluetooth Connectivity has a Delay in Sound Output.
2. DTH has a low Sound-Output for Some Channels like News
3. Equalizer is not distinguishable between EQ1 and EQ2 + Plus way of Comparing EQ Modes to Movies Music and News.
Review Complete.Thanks for Waiting @Optimus_Prime Bro.

Congratulations and thanks for the detailed review.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock