Reliance Jio’s free call offer gets Trai clean chit

• Thread starter jakab
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 5
  • Views: Views 1,136

jakab

Reaction score
In a boost to Reliance Jio which is offering life-time free voice calling service, telecom regulator Trai has heldthat tariff plans of the new player are compliant to existing rules and not discriminatory. “…it is found that the tariff plans filed with TRAI cannot be considered as IUC non-complaint, predatory and discriminatory, at present,” the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India said in a letter to telecom operators.Incumbent operators Bharti Airtel, Vodafone and others approached Trai against free call service being offered byReliance Jio, calling the tariff plan predatory, discriminatory and non-compliant to present rules. Telecom operators are required to pay 14 paise per minute for each outgoing call from their network to the operator on whose network the call finally lands.
http://indianexpress.com/article/technology/tech-news-technology/reliance-jio-4g-life-time-free-voice-calling-service-trai-clean-chit-3094379/

When preparing plans Jio team must have taken all points in to consideration to avoid future legal complications.

It is very simple. If you don't want to take any Jio pack, then call charges are 2p/s. That is what Jio has done. So no one can accuse them of giving free calls. So no one can challenge them. They will say we are giving free calls only to those who subscribe to any of our packs. If they are not subscribing, we are charging.

This means even if you don't want any Jio pack, you can put balance in your Jio SIM and do calls at 2p/s. But, you will get free calls even if you subscribe to least amount pack of Rs.19 with 1 day validity & 100 MB data + unlimitied data between 2AM to 5 AM.

Conclusion: Jio has planned everything very cleverly.

Wah Pratamesh bro you are a Jio expert ;)

SarfaRaZ said:
Wah Pratamesh bro you are a Jio expert ;)

I have just studied their website fully. I have read each and every part & documents on their website.
:tup

Prathamesh said:
I have just studied their website fully. I have read each and every part & documents on their website.
:tup
Good :tup:)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock