OTF Exclusive Reliance Jio wants to give free Wi-Fi to college students

Jithin91

Contributor
Reaction score
Reliance Jio expressed a desire to connect close to 38,000 colleges (technical and non-technical) under the HRD ministry across India by deploying free Wi-Fi connectivity.

After announcing free phones, Reliance Jio now wants to provide free Wi-Fi to three crore college students across the country.

According to sources in the government, the company has submitted a proposal in this regard to the human resource development (HRD) ministry.

Sources further said that the proposal is being examined by the ministry and a final decision is yet to be taken. Last month, a proposal was received by the ministry in which Reliance Jio expressed a desire to connect close to 38,000 colleges (technical and non-technical) under the HRD ministry across India by deploying free Wi-Fi connectivity.

“Through this free access to Wi-Fi, all students will be able to get internet connection and use educational resources such as online courses available on SWAYAM platform through the National Knowledge Network. The company plans to create hotspots for this,”

Source: Reliance Jio wants to give free Wi-Fi to college students, 3 crore may benefit

Now I have become a big fan of JIO..
Great intiative and it will be really helpful for our new generation of college goers!!

There are 100s of way to prevent students from misusing it so just need the will to find a way
Bro a way for this is use proxy to restrict
The ip which you want to restrict students to use that's it . In universities already they are doing it especially in WiFi campus

There are 100s of way to prevent students from misusing it so just need the will to find a way
In my college we can't use FB, Whatsapp, etc, etc through college and campus Wi-Fi. But, can watch matches on hotstar in staff room. That's why these days we were available in staff room even though in our vacation.

Cannot you bypass using Tor onion? Along with above restrictions In our college during college hours 8-5 pm Internet doesn't work in hostels only intranet work. But Internet works in lab rooms So we used TOR along with some remote ssl connection like putty to bypass these restrictions and access Internet from hostel

Last edited:
There's no restriction over Jio WiFi in College Campuses. Jio was giving free WiFi services in my college and at bus stands. One can access their services only for 30 minutes - 60 minutes in a day.

There's no restriction over Jio WiFi in College Campuses. Jio was giving free WiFi services in my college and at bus stands. One can access their services only for 30 minutes - 60 minutes in a day.
In Surat Jio giving 1Gb(after 1gb fup)per day per number free wifi (all mobile user can access free like airtel, Voda and other)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock