Reliance Jio subscribers get free access to Hotstar premium subscription worth Rs 199

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Even before the commercial launch of its 4G LTE services, Reliance Jio has already stirred up the telecom sector in India. Besides HD voice calling with VoLTE support and super-fast internet connectivity, Reliance Jio is also banking on its content services to differentiate itself from other service providers. The company has also released its suite of apps for listening to music, watching on-demand movies and music videos, and JioPlay app for watching Live TV. As a promotional offer, the company is giving users an unlimited access to all the services for a period of 90 days. Now, Reliance Jio has partnered with Hotstar to bring premium content to its subscribers.

The Jio Play app offers live TV streaming of more than 291 channels in 15 different languages. These include the likes of Sony, Colors, Zee TV, Movies OK, Neo Sports, Sony ESPN and more. While the list also includes Star TV channels, the company has not given broadcasting rights to other OTT players in the market, such as Jio Play, Ditto TV and Nexgtv to name a few. This is where Jio Play and Hotstar integration will come to play.

In the Jio Play app, clicking on any Star TV channel takes you to Google Play (on Android) or iTunes Store (on iOS) to download the Hotstar app. To watch live Star TV channels, you normally need a Hotstar premium subscription that costs Rs 199 per month. However, Jio Play subscribers get free premium subscription to watch all the Star TV channels and movies.

Apart from live TV, subscribers also get access to watch popular American TV shows such as Game of Thrones, Prison Break, Silicon Valley and more. Clicking on any Star TV channel will open the Hotstar app and the channel will start playing. To return back to Jio Play, the top left corner also has a button ‘back to Jio Play.’

As of now, Jio Play subscribers get free upgrade to Hotstar premium membership, but the company has not mentioned anything about the charges after the end of the trial period. More details about the subscription charges for Jio suite of apps is expected after the commercial launch of Reliance Jio services.

Reliance Jio subscribers get free access to Hotstar premium subscription worth Rs 199 per month

Yes. I accessed it for free today. Jio rocks!

In future Jio will destroy the competition which is bad for consumers. Airtel and Voda Plz wake up   :s

Bapun Raz said:
Yes. I accessed it for free today. Jio rocks!

@Bapun, I have tried with a Jio Sim on Moto X Play, but its not working. Which phone did you try it on?

greylala91 said:
@Bapun, I have tried with a Jio Sim on Moto X Play, but its not working. Which phone did you try it on?

Buddy you need to activate it on Samsung promotional offer eligible device. then it will work on any device. I am using it on oneplus 3.

Bapun Raz said:
Buddy you need to activate it on Samsung promotional offer eligible device. then it will work on any device. I am using it on oneplus 3.

I am using samsung activated SIM in Moto X PLay, but unable to see Hotstar Premium Membership on Jio Play.

Are you running latest version of hotstar and jio play?

greylala91 said:
Yes, but still not working
It is volte enabled phone? Have you checked that?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock