Discussion Reliance JioFiber FTTH Internet Service - Queries & General Discussions

I have few doubts about JioFiber, experts may please clarify...

1. Can I use my own wifi router instead of Jio provided router?
2. Is the router provided by Jio is dual band (2.4ghz and 5ghz)?
3. Does the OTT apps provided by Jio have any validity period or as long as I will be on Gold ₹999 plan I keep getting these apps?

3. Does the OTT apps provided by Jio have any validity period or as long as I will be on Gold ₹999 plan I keep getting these apps?
1. Router is basically free. Don't know whether one can replace this with your own one or not
2. It is dual band
3. The validity of apps depends on your subscription. As long u are stick with 999 or above plan, u will have subscription. It will automatically renew when you pay your monthly bills.

No, you have to use JIO provided router only but if you want to use your own then you can connect it with an Ethernet cable to your own router. Bridge mode is not allowed.

No, you have to use JIO provided router only but if you want to use your own then you can connect it with an Ethernet cable to your own router. Bridge mode is not allowed.
thanks Rushil for info,

I was planning to use my old Dlink ADSL modem/router as access point for Jio FTTH connection. So only option is to run LAN cable to exiting router. if they would have provided Bridge mode would have been blessing by saving few bucks to cover dark zone in home. Mesh router are still costly to go.

by the way does it cover 100 feet smoothly including multiple walls/floor?

thanks Rushil for info,

I was planning to use my old Dlink ADSL modem/router as access point for Jio FTTH connection. So only option is to run LAN cable to exiting router. if they would have provided Bridge mode would have been blessing by saving few bucks to cover dark zone in home. Mesh router are still costly to go.

Yeah bro you can easily get a good 5Ghz range on one floor and 2.4 GHz up to 2-3 floors depending upon where you put your router.

Last edited:
thanks Rushil for info,

100 feet is very large range coverage. Although you can expect it to perform well within 50 feet.

Can the Jio provided router be managed like other routers for scheduling the access times, mac address blocking etc?

L
Lionsgate play contents are available through JioTv+ only from gold pack.
You can also access the contents from JioPages by login into airtel xstream website.
Lionsgate play offers really good contents. I request Jio to offer as separate App, instead thro Jio TV+. Lionsgate play offers contents in all regional language audios. Searching them thro Jio TV+ is really inconvinient

L

Lionsgate play offers really good contents. I request Jio to offer as separate App, instead thro Jio TV+. Lionsgate play offers contents in all regional language audios. Searching them thro Jio TV+ is really inconvinient
Even discovery plus having lots of new and good contents, but no seperate app in Jio Fiber. The contents present through JioTv+ are very few and old ones.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock