Discussion Reliance JioFiber FTTH Internet Service - Queries & General Discussions

I Don't think its legit jiofiber don't go for it
It's legit.
Wef today the ₹0 recharge plan is gone.
And to install STB they were asking payment so many people chose to defer it.
It is said that 150 channels are free but list is not known to me.
In may case recently i have done some 13/15 ₹0 recharge believing it may increase my complementary validity by over a year;);)
Though i can not check/verify it.
I haven't any email about conversion of free plan to paid yet.

I have taken the jiofiber silver plan.
According to that plan I am supposed to get free OTT apps like Voot, Altbalaji , Disney etc.

Can anyone clarify if this refers to free OTT content on setup box or on any mobile device ?

For ex Can I access these on my smartphone also ?

It depends on the app. For example, on Hotstar, you have to create an account using your phone number. Once created, you can use it on any device. The validity would obviously depend on having a Jio plan active.

Nasik City.

Edit: Installation done on 12-12-2018. It took 2hr 30mins.

I had to pay 4500/- as a refundable deposit, using debit card. Only Cards are accepted as a form of payment.
Required documents were a pan card and an electricity bill.
Fortunately the Jio Server is on our building. They just had to drop a fiber from the terrace.
The installation guys were amateurs, in terms of Networking.
The I.P address of the router (JioGigaHub) by default is 192.168.29.1,
I asked them whether it can be changed, since all my devices are on 192.168.1.x gateways,
they denied saying default address of device cannot be changed.
I changed it right away after they left, to 192.168.1.1 and its working fine.
Everyone is excited about JioGigaFiber, including the installation guys, as it is new for them.
People were seen inquiring when would JioGigaFiber come near their location.
After connecting the router (JioGigaHub) updates itself to a newer firmware and UI.
The activation is done using installation guys smartphone, and I instantly get SMS
confirmation that a recharge for 90 days has been done.
I was requested to send an email to their higher officials (around 3 email id's) giving positive feedback regarding installation.
I didn't mind since they did gave fast service.
Now the speed. Speed is between 85-96 Mbps, it has not touched 100 till now.
This is acceptable since I'm literally paying them nothing. But if this does not gets fixed until
official launch. It'll be bad since competitors like You Broadband give more than 100Mbps always
even for a 100Mbps connection in my area. We await their Streaming/Television services to launch
since that is the form of entertainment which will make most use of the 100Mbps speed.

(Zoomable) Pictures below -

110.jpg

211.jpg

310.jpg

410.jpg

firesh11.jpg

Today I was approached by the local team for payment, free rides are now over :D I chose the silver plan, costed around 1001.42 incl of gst for 1 month. Lets see how it goes. Not a big fan of their plans and pricing but their connection stability is good, there are no disconnections, plus we have a good rapo with the local team. They handed over following equipments;

Edit: Jio (security, saavan, cinema, games), altbalaji, hotstar, eros now, disney, sunnxt, sonyliv, zee5, voot all subscribed for 1 month.

KzA0M8h.jpg

KscC27l.jpg

pTLoSyV.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock