Seeking Help Regarding usage of Telephone with Fiber Optic cable modem

Ashok L

Reaction score
Hi,

I am using Airtel Fiber Optic internet connection. Now telephone line switches off once we switch off Modem, I need telephone to work 24X7, while modem will be switched off when its not in usage. Earlier I used BSNL connection, 4 years before where telephone line works 24 X &, though modem is switched off. But in new fiber optic connection, it is not possible.

Kindly suggest any idea to make it work 24 X 7

Hi,

I am using Airtel Fiber Optic internet connection. Now telephone line switches off once we switch off Modem, I need telephone to work 24X7, while modem will be switched off when its not in usage. Earlier I used BSNL connection, 4 years before where telephone line works 24 X &, though modem is switched off. But in new fiber optic connection, it is not possible.

Yes. Go back to BSNL landline only.
One more thing you can do that. Just turn off the WiFi at night if there is an option like tplink's router.. don't have to switch off modem..

Last edited:
You do not need to switch of the router even once a week. It is made in a way to stay turn on all day and night without any damages. That's how optical fiber connections work.

Hi,

And may I know the reason why you want to do that? The router consumes very little electricity so that should not be the concern. The fibre optics is supposed to work that way.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock