Raina happy for IPL teammate, wants an Indian to break his fastest Test score

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Suresh Raina said on Saturday that he couldn’t be happier to have the Kiwi sensational batsman in his IPL team Gujarat Lions.

New Delhi: Saturday was one of cricket's best entertaining days when retiring New Zealand skipper Brendon McCullum struck the fastest Test century in the history of the game against Australia on the first day of the 2nd Test match at Wellington.

India's star batsman Suresh Raina who was in the capital to unveil the jersey for his new Indian Premier League franchise Gujarat Lions, praised the Kiwi skipper for his record-breaking feat.
McCullum got to his hundred off just 54 deliveries breaking a 30-year-old record of Sir Vivian Richards (56 balls) which was jointly shared by Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq in 2015.
McCullum will play for the Gujarat Lions under Raina's captaincy and the two earlier shared the dressing room for the now suspended Chennai Super Kings.

Suresh Raina said on Saturday that he couldn’t be happier to have the Kiwi sensational batsman in his IPL team Gujarat Lions even though he wants an Indian to breach the milestone the latter achieved on Saturday.

“I am very happy for McCullum but I hope that somebody from India can do it. I am happy that we have McCullum in Gujarat Lions team. He is a fearless cricketer and we want players who will be playing fearless cricket.”
The Indian Premier League starts from April 8.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock