Railwire broadband users currently facing internet outage due to the backbone issue

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 9
  • Views: Views 6,366

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Received SMS:
JvPotcU.jpg

It reads as:
Dear Patron, You are likely to face Internet outages/Slow Browsing currently due to the backbone issue , our team is attending the same. The estimated time of restoration will be approximately 23:00 Hrs. We regret for the inconvenience caused-Team Railtel

I am planning to buy railwire. Does it have security deposit, is it refundable? Do we need to pay for equipment??

Now further delayed as updated SMS received.

EL6EZ2p.jpg

@Bapun Raz bro. Is this the reason behind site being slow?
How can it be bro? You are comparing two totally different things. It is my home broadband service facing issues, no where linked to DreamDTH server.

The server downtime currently is being worked on and just a coincidence happening at the same time as my broadband.

Now further delayed as updated SMS received.

EL6EZ2p.jpg

How can it be bro? You are comparing two totally different things. It is my home broadband service facing issues, no where linked to DreamDTH server.

The server downtime currently is being worked on and just a coincidence happening at the same time as my broadband.
Alright.

I do have a railwire connection but I didn't receive the sms. Is it still down?

I do have a railwire connection but I didn't receive the sms. Is it still down?
Internet never went off. It only got slower. Now here also operating normally. May be they sent SMSes to affected areas as a precaution?

I am planning to buy railwire. Does it have security deposit, is it refundable? Do we need to pay for equipment??
Yes, they have refundable security deposit of Rs.1000 and installation charges vary from 2500-4000 as of now. When i took connection it was 1500.

You can find details here: Internet Tariff Plans | Railwire

What if I move out of railwire in future, whether they will return my equipment cost

What if I move out of railwire in future, whether they will return my equipment cost
I think yes, because the equipment is taken back on disconnection - atleast that is what my LCO said three years back when i taken the connection. No idea if they have a policy change now.

You can call the customer care number listed on their website and confirm before applying for connection.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock