Breaking Railways Tatkal System Hacked, RPF launched Operation Thunder

Abhinav

Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
A software from Kota, Rajasthan has hacked Indian Railways Tatkal System. The RPF launched ‘Operation Thunder’ and conducted raids in 276 places across 141 cities.

RPF conducted several raids on June 13 in which 22,253 tickets worth Rs 32,99,093 were recovered on which the journeys was supposed to be undertaken. RPF arrested 387 touts.

The tickets of more than 50,000 people booked by the touts have been cancelled by the Indian Railways. Investigation revealed that in the last ten days, the touts had booked over 3,12,00,000 tickets.

Software in Rajasthan’s Kota hacking Railways’ tatkal system

Last edited:
@Bishnu15 da These guys who wrote the software are genius and should be rewarded. Railway should launch monetary reward program to find flaws in software like all big software companies do. Google Microsoft pays million if you report bugs in chrome Android or in Windows

Last edited:
@Bishnu15 da These guys who wrote the software are genius and should be rewarded. Railway should launch monetary reward program to find flaws in software like all big software companies do
They do find the bugs and inform the organization about it for preventing further misuse of the application. Not for using it and through it's loopholes, earning some money.
There is a hell and heaven difference between both.

They do find the bugs and inform the organization about it for preventing further misuse of the application. Not for using it and through it's loopholes, earning some money.
There is a hell and heaven difference between both.

Suppose you find a bug. Now if you report it legally you get 100 rupee but if you expoit it and sell in dark web then you get 130 rupee + fear of getting arrested.

I believe majority will choose legal way and that's why Google and Microsoft pay million every month to 3rd party security researcher.

Suppose you find a bug. Now if you report it legally you get 100 rupee but if you expoit it and sell in dark web then you get 130 rupee + fear of getting arrested.

I believe majority will choose legal way and that's why Google and Microsoft pay million every month to 3rd party security researcher.
That is what I said. Those people who wrote the code to exploit a govt system and earn money out of it, should be punished.
If they would have logged the bug to CRIS and would help to rectify it- they would have been rewarded.

That is what I said. Those people who wrote the code to exploit a govt system and earn money out of it, should be punished.
If they would have logged the bug to CRIS and would help to rectify it- they would have been rewarded.

Issue is currently Govt does not run any money benefits for reporting bugs. So your suggestion will give then a big thank you letter and nothing else 😉.

Current Indian laws does not protect hackers

tatkal tickets: Railways roots out illegal softwares, more Tatkal tickets for passengers now - The Economic Times 19.2.2020

"Officials explained that illegal softwares such as 'ANMS', 'MAC' and 'Jaguar' would bypass the IRCTC's login captcha, booking captcha and bank OTP to generate tickets, while a genuine user has to go through all these processes.

The railways does not allow agents to book Tatkal tickets and over the past two months, the RPF has nabbed around 60 illegal agents who were booking tickets through these softwares, making it virtually impossible for others to get Tatkal bookings.."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock