PM Narendra Modi' s Independence Day speech: Top 10 quotes

Optimus_Prime

Contributor
Reaction score
After unfurling the tricolour at the Red Fort, Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation on its 70th Independence Day. Here are ten highlights from his speech.

PM Narendra Modi' s Independence Day speech: Top 10 quotes
I have tried to adopt the strategy of 'Reform, Perform and Transform'; tried to avoid populism.
The onus is on the 125 crore people of India to convert this 'Swaraj' into 'Surajya'. From Parliament to panchayats, gram pradhans to the prime minister, everyone has to fulfill their responsibilites. Only then will the dream of surajya come true.
Country will not yield to terrorism and extremism, youth should shun violence and return to mainstream.
People of Balochistan, Gilgit and PoK have thanked me a lot in past few days, I am grateful to them.
It's easy to keep account of the work done by the government, but it is difficult to have in-depth knowledge of those initiatives. Today, more than 'Karya', I want to talk about 'Karya Sanskriti' of the government.
We have brought inflation rate below 6 per cent; I will continue to work to ensure food plate of poor is not affected by inflation.
Our social unity is most important; division in the name of caste, creed hurts the country. Need to rise above all these issues.
We all have to fight against social evils, have to support social justice. Great leaders like Mahatma Gandhi, Ambedkar ji have always stressed on the need for social unity.
People are scared of income tax authorities, particularly middle class families. We have to change this situation, and I will change it. Earlier, getting a passport used to take months, today it takes just a couple of weeks. Transparency is very important to 'Surajya.'
There was a time when the government was surrounded by allegations, but now the government is surrounded by expectations.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock