Seeking Help Please suggest a VU TV

• Thread starter Velu61
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 6
  • Views: Views 1,328

Velu61

Reaction score
What model u bought. Pls review. I too plane to buy a VU 55 inches. Confused to choose cinema tv vs premium tv

What model u bought. Pls review. I too plane to buy a VU 55 inches. Confused to choose cinema tv vs premium tv
I have used both Vu Premium Android....43 inches both
Earlier I bought Vu Premium Android 2019 variant and on using Fire TV Stick 4K with it, I used to get green/pink flickers at bottom of screen on playing Dolby Vision Content on Netflix, they tried manually updating softwares but the issue was not resolved, then they replaced my complete TV with new one but the problem existed and they even checked this thing with their own Fire TV Stick 4k by plugging it onto my TV.

Finally they agreed to replace that TV with the VU Cinema 43 inches, the major difference between both is the speakers, while the first one had 20W speakers and new Vu Premium Android 2020 variant has 24W, the cinema TV has 40W speakers so that is a big benefit.

PQ wise both are good, while Vu Premium 43 had a VA Panel, Vu Cinema 43 has an IPS panel but nothing major difference in both of them, moreover Vu Cinema has 100 nits of more brightness.

The two areas where I found VU Premium Android better is its inbuilt media player was really good, easily handled external 4K video files while Vu Cinema Media player lags while playing external 4K videos using Hard Disk/USB, still I installed VLC and the videos are working great.

Secondly in Fire TV stick when I kept Match Frame Rate to On, the premium android used to play Prime Videos at 24Hz,25Hz or 30 Hz, but now in Cinema Tv , it doesn't switches the Frame Rate and continues playing at 60Hz, need to find out why it happens.

Still because of sound and Dolby Vision playing perfectly I find Vu Cinema better.

I have used both Vu Premium Android....43 inches both
Earlier I bought Vu Premium Android 2019 variant and on using Fire TV Stick 4K with it, I used to get green/pink flickers at bottom of screen on playing Dolby Vision Content on Netflix, they tried manually updating softwares but the issue was not resolved, then they replaced my complete TV with new one but the problem existed and they even checked this thing with their own Fire TV Stick 4k by plugging it onto my TV.

Finally they agreed to replace that TV with the VU Cinema 43 inches, the major difference between both is the speakers, while the first one had 20W speakers and new Vu Premium Android 2020 variant has 24W, the cinema TV has 40W speakers so that is a big benefit.

PQ wise both are good, while Vu Premium 43 had a VA Panel, Vu Cinema 43 has an IPS panel but nothing major difference in both of them, moreover Vu Cinema has 100 nits of more brightness.

The two areas where I found VU Premium Android better is its inbuilt media player was really good, easily handled external 4K video files while Vu Cinema Media player lags while playing external 4K videos using Hard Disk/USB, still I installed VLC and the videos are working great.

Secondly in Fire TV stick when I kept Match Frame Rate to On, the premium android used to play Prime Videos at 24Hz,25Hz or 30 Hz, but now in Cinema Tv , it doesn't switches the Frame Rate and continues playing at 60Hz, need to find out why it happens.

Still because of sound and Dolby Vision playing perfectly I find Vu Cinema better.
What is the diff between va panel and ips panel? What is the necesity of fire tv stick when the tv is android one

What is the diff between va panel and ips panel? What is the necesity of fire tv stick when the tv is android one
Va Panel - Has darker blacks but poor viewing angles, the 50 Inch Vu Cinema has VA panel

IPS : Darks are little bright but excellent viewing angles

VU Cinema TV 50 inch has VA Panel while 43 inch and 55 inch has IPS Panel.

All Vu Premium Android series has VA Panel.

Most mediocre price TV's have IPS panels.

On earlier Vu Premium Android model Netflix and Prime Video were missing, although Netflix could be downloaded from Play store but still I am much more used to Fire OS interface, love it and find it more smoother to browse then android TV, further new applications are almost immediately available on Fire TV stick

Last month I brought 50 inch vu premium tv 2020 model.. maybe my review useful if planning to buy it.. tv has va panel, due to this blacks are deep but colors are fade away when you see from side angle, which is known thing.. sound is good and adequate (I prefer dialogue clarity more than loud system), if you wanted better sound system then prefer vu cinema..

most of ott platform are pre-installed and have short key( Netflix, prime,hotstar, Google Play & YouTube) button on the remote.. I haven't subscribed to Netflix/YouTube.. so couldn't test of it.. YouTube and hotstar works flawlessly..

Built quality of tv set and remote are good and tv bezels are narrow.. Most of the format are playable in default media player.. if not, you can download VLC.. storage and memory(16GB&2GB) are more enough for regular users.. it runs in Android pie and most of the software are available in Google Play Store..

4k & full hd content quality are brilliant if your viewing angle < 20.. DTH content - SD quality average and HD quality good.. upscaling works good..

Once I had pink screen issue, but it got fixed automatically when I did the tv restart... Maybe if it repeat in future, I will log the call with vu..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock