Breaking Phone makers to be charged $40 per device to include Google's apps on their phones

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 13
  • Views: Views 1,697
Again, why is this good news? This would mean costly phones for the European people

Again, why is this good news? This would mean costly phones for the European people
It will kill competition from most Chinese spyware phone manufacturers who won't be able to pay such high prices. Its a disgrace that same law doesn't exist in India.

It will kill competition from most Chinese spyware phone manufacturers who won't be able to pay such high prices. Its a disgrace that same law doesn't exist in India.
Nothing like that.They will preloaded Chinese search engine in Europe also.Russians will be happy as they were investing in Sailfish OS as an alternate to Android.
Also without play services most of the app we use won't work anyway.

Nothing like that.They will preloaded Chinese search engine in Europe also.Russians will be happy as they were investing in Sailfish OS as an alternate to Android.
Also without play services most of the app we use won't work anyway.
Then both China and Russia will be bound to pay hefty fines to EU for that competition law.

Google will make it universal mostly, not just limited to the European union. They may give both options, either pre bundle entire google app suite and dont pay extra for license or then choose to just pre bundle play store, play services and maybe google maps and leave out other apps like chrome and google search and in that case pay $40 to google for license fee.

Then both China and Russia will be bound to pay hefty fines to EU for that competition law.

Not sure what you are saying.Why China and Russia will pay?
Russia is investing in an Finnish OS sailfish which has roots in old Nokia to create a alternative mobile OS which they are free to do so.
Also Chinese company not China can give an option /link to install Chinese search engines/browser in cheaper models.

Not sure what you are saying.Why China and Russia will pay?
Russia is investing in an Finnish OS sailfish which has roots in old Nokia to create a alternative mobile OS which they are free to do so.
Also Chinese company not China can give an option /link to install Chinese search engines/browser in cheaper models.
Okay, now I get your point now. I was thinking about you taking about replacing Baidu with Google for free. I don't think Kai OS would ever be a serious competitor to Android. I have used worst versions of android back in 2012. And am using Kai OS now. It is more terrible than Google was back then.

Okay, now I get your point now. I was thinking about you taking about replacing Baidu with Google for free. I don't think Kai OS would ever be a serious competitor to Android. I have used worst versions of android back in 2012. And am using Kai OS now. It is more terrible than Google was back then.
FYI. Sailfish and Kai are completely different OS.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock