Paytm would charge 2% for loading Paytm Wallet through Credit Card from July 2019

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 22
  • Views: Views 5,353

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
bZsEgl4.png

Paytm Payments Bank
Who are Classic customers?
Customers are categorised as Classic customers on the basis of an analysis of their account usage patterns. A customer whose account is flagged upon observation of anomalous activity conducted such as circumvention of wallet to bank charges (as mentioned in Paytm Payments Bank) while transferring money from wallet to bank - will be categorized as a Classic customer.
Who are Privilege customers?
All customers who are not categorised as Classic customers, as mentioned above, will be categorised as Privilege customers.

bZsEgl4.png

Paytm Payments Bank
Who are Classic customers?
Customers are categorised as Classic customers on the basis of an analysis of their account usage patterns. A customer whose account is flagged upon observation of anomalous activity conducted such as circumvention of wallet to bank charges (as mentioned in Paytm Payments Bank) while transferring money from wallet to bank - will be categorized as a Classic customer.
Who are Privilege customers?
All customers who are not categorised as Classic customers, as mentioned above, will be categorised as Privilege customers.
How do we know whether customer is classic or privilege?

Yes Received the same message on my phone. This is too bad.

Last edited:
Yes Received the sane message on ny phone. This is too bad.

I got an SMS just now and paytm is calling me Classic customer. Just wait for Paytm to categorise you and announce. I broke with Paytm 1.5 years back when they made me in a situation, where I couldn't check out my hotel room. My wallet got stalled and they say Internal policy.

I never prefer a Govt office type e-wallet who have n number of policies when you try to spend money from the wallet. I sold the gold in my wallet, transferred all amount to my friend and uninstalled it.

Shell out fee on Paytm transactions from today
NEW DELHI: Starting today, using Paytm will get a little dearer. It will start passing on the Merchant Discount Rate (MDR) that banks and card companies charge for digital transactions to consumers to help reduce the burn rate at the Noida company and turn profitable, said two people familiar with the development.

The charge amounts to 1% on payments through credit cards, 0.9% for debit cards and up to Rs 12-15 for transactions by net banking and the Unified Payments Interface (UPI), one of the sources said.

Paytm: Shell out fee on Paytm transactions from today

Last edited by a moderator:
One more reason to avoid Paytm . In my city , almost 90% people use phonepe .

Shell out fee on Paytm transactions from today
NEW DELHI: Starting today, using Paytm will get a little dearer. It will start passing on the Merchant Discount Rate (MDR) that banks and card companies charge for digital transactions to consumers to help reduce the burn rate at the Noida company and turn profitable, said two people familiar with the development.

The charge amounts to 1% on payments through credit cards, 0.9% for debit cards and up to Rs 12-15 for transactions by net banking and the Unified Payments Interface (UPI), one of the sources said.

Paytm: Shell out fee on Paytm transactions from today
Source

UPI is the best for both p2p well as b2c payments. I've stopped accepting payments on Paytm, i tell my clients to just UPI using Google pay or WhatsApp if they have it activated. I'm hoping WhatsApp payment will go mainstream soon and conquer the p2p payment space. Google pay became famous on the back of scratch cards but they all turn out empty with 0 cashback.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock