OTF Exclusive Pan India 2023 Spectrum holding chart

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 191
  • Views: Views 44,544
as expected

Airtel sells some 800 MHz spectrum in 3 circles to Jio for Rs 1,037.6 crore

@Esmail bro, what will Airtel do with 4.2MHz & 4.6MHz of Band 8 (900MHz) spectrum in Gujarat and Kerala circles respectively?? Is there another Spectrum sale in pipeline, this time from VoId to Airtel (1MHz in Gujarat and 0.4MHz in Kerala??) or Airtel just use the 3MHz for 4G indoor coverage and rest 1.2MHz / 1.6MHz for 2G along with 5MHz of Band 3 ???

For sure, the 4G experience with just 3MHz of Band 8 will be sub-par, I guess.

@Esmail bro, what will Airtel do with 4.2MHz & 4.6MHz of Band 8 (900MHz) spectrum in Gujarat and Kerala circles respectively?? Is there another Spectrum sale in pipeline, this time from VoId to Airtel (1MHz in Gujarat and 0.4MHz in Kerala??) or Airtel just use the 3MHz for 4G indoor coverage and rest 1.2MHz / 1.6MHz for 2G along with 5MHz of Band 3 ???

Yes either entirely used for 2G or then narrow band LTE and remaining for 2G

vi to airtel is tough game. i see only hundrle is AGR.

But i am very much optimistic that airtel will implement Nb LTE. this will help airtel to grab some chucnk of vi customer to airtel. user exp on choked jio band 5 is still tolerable, then why would any subsciber complain about sub-par experiance on NB LTE. and Nb LTE will help airtel to expand Airtel IOT business further.

afterall both guj, and kerala are vis top circle and priority too. there is no deny that if vi is getting cash by selling spectrum is good news for airtel, but it will again give wrong impression that new cartel is formed. secondly vi wont able to attract investor , as they may think that company is selling assets,spectrum, to show profitability or, investor may think, that vi can sell spectrum/assets whereever copamny wont able to perform.

by may end everying will be clear.

'Spectrum sale under IBC after clearing government dues only’
:huh:
NCLAT rejected this. “Spectrum cannot be treated as a security interest by the lenders,” it said in the order. The tribunal stressed that as licensees, telcos only have the right to use the spectrum, while ownership vests with the nation and the government is its trustee.
Great. So Spectrum is more like a liability than an asset, if not used properly.

So Aircel and RCom's liberalised spectrum is coming back to Govt only. There is a reason, why Jio selected to buy new 10MHz of Band5 in most circles than getting it from RCom with discount.

Since RCom's Band1 spectrum of Rajasthan circle is coming back, Govt must give that spectrum instead of Band5 to BSNL.
afterall both guj, and kerala are vis top circle and priority too.
Yeah. No Doubt.
there is no deny that if vi is getting cash by selling spectrum is good news for airtel, but it will again give wrong impression that new cartel is formed.
The problem now is, VoId is left out of the new Cartel of Jio+Airtel.
secondly vi wont able to attract investor , as they may think that company is selling assets,spectrum,
VoId already can't attract any investor. The only guys who are the sole reasons for such situation of VoId, including the lack of investors is, their PROMOTER GROUP only.

Promoters openly are saying, "We will NOT drop even single paisa in our company VoId", but they want others to invest big money in them. Come on, even if the promoters have no confidence on their own co, then who-ever will have? Its not like they have NO money, they just don't want to do big investment and definitely not having the patience to wait for the good returns. Even they have taken good money from their respective Co (before merger), during the golden days.

If the promoters are ready to invest money in VoId and get their hands dirty by doing hard work for improving its condition, they can give good fight and ultimately win. Even many investors will gain confidence and help them grow fast. Because they already have more than adequate spectrum. But self-confidence and willing to do hard work is much much more costlier than spectrum.

By 2023, they need to pay 14000+cr rupees to Govt, (AGR extra, I think). But now they can't pay license fees for few circles within due date and going to pay with penalty.

Whatever efforts they are taking (like growing 4G coverage) is more than enough if their competitors are Aircel or Videocon. But it is Jio in their opposite side. Airtel has done the right thing on right time and hence they are giving good fight to Jio (even though looks like new cartel now).

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock