OTF Exclusive Pan India 2023 Spectrum holding chart

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 191
  • Views: Views 44,914
I just like to know how Airtel is going to implement its sub GHz spectrum it won in their 1800MHz circles, RoTN, Kerala, Maharashtra, MP+CG, Gujarat (although just 3MHz currently) and UP(W). Even with 1800MHz, Airtel mostly had no coverage issues.

I just like to know how Airtel is going to implement its sub GHz spectrum it won in their 1800MHz circles, RoTN, Kerala, Maharashtra, MP+CG, Gujarat (although just 3MHz currently) and UP(W). Even with 1800MHz, Airtel mostly had no coverage issues.
I think 3mhz for 4g, 2mhz for 2g. Or DSS with B3 for 2G and 4G

@Esmail, what is going to happen with rcom spectrum expiring in this month?

Does airtel is full with requirement of 4g/5g spectrum till next aution?

govt has declred that aution should happen every year? what is current plan2022 or 2023?

@Esmail, what is going to happen with rcom spectrum expiring in this month?
It will go back to DoT and out of that what has been bought by Jio in the last auction will be given to Jio and remaining amount will remain with Dot and be put up for sale again in every successive auction.

Does airtel is full with requirement of 4g/5g spectrum till next auction?
4G yes they have sufficient amount of spectrum to run their operations smoothly. They are using most of the liberalised spectrum for 4G and keeping very little for 2G voice. As for 5G they currently have only the test spectrum which can't be used for commercial deployment but they will surely need to buy mid band and millimetre wave spectrum in the 5G auction next year.

govt has declared that auction should happen every year? what is current plan2022 or 2023?
Yes the 5G auction will mostly happen between Jan to March 2022. The spectrum which is to be auctioned is currently with the 3 operators for testing purpose. Only after the test period of 6 months ends will Dot be able to sell it.

In light of fresh disclosure of BSNL current spectrum holding by DoT to the Lok Sabah and demand of reissue of the expired spectrum, the following changes have been updated in the spectrum sheet
1) in the 900 MHz band, 3 MHz surrendered in Jammu Kashmir circle, 1.2 MHz surrendered in Punjab and 0.6 MHz surrendered in Rajasthan
2) in the 850 MHz band 5 MHz removed from Rajasthan circle as it is yet not allotted to BSNL
3) in the 1800 MHz band 10 MHz removed from Delhi circle as it is yet not allotted to BSNL
4) In the 2100 MHz band Pan India 1 block of 5 MHz removed as it is yet not allotted to BSNL

The government is yet to allot any fresh spectrum for 4G to BSNL and the request for reissue of 900 and 1800 MHz spectrum which expired last year in Feb is still under consideration, with no clarity on the timeframe of the execution.
47llLHI.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock