Breaking Opera kills off Opera Max

sumitroy

Editor-in-chief, OnlyTech
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Opera is suddenly and abruptly killing off its Opera Max app. Opera Max was a free VPN service that aimed to compress data before it got to your device in order to lower data usage. Unfortunately, it is now no more.

In its blog post, Opera claims that Max is being discontinued because of its "substantially different value proposition than our browser products," and that it "represented a different focus for Opera." In other words, Opera wants to direct all focus to its bread and butter: browsers. Opera Max will not receive any more updates (the last one was around July 19th), and it's been taken off of the Google Play Store.

Opera kills off Opera Max and delists it from Play Store, service will continue to work for an unspecified time

So Any Option Available Instead Of Opera max In UC Browser I Seen Is Inbuilt Data -Saver Mode Available

Opera Max, the app that allowed users to manage and reduce data usage across their Android mobile phone applications, was initially released in 2014. Opera has now decided to discontinue Opera Max. The product had a substantially different value proposition than our browser products, and represented a different focus for Opera. We, therefore, focus on our browsers and other upcoming services.

As a consequence, there will be no further upgrades for Opera Max moving forward. The application has also been delisted from the Google Play store catalog.

The Opera Max service will remain intact for our existing users for a period of time. We will inform these users about the termination of server-side support in due time.

Upcoming changes of Opera Max

So Any Option Available Instead Of Opera max In UC Browser I Seen Is Inbuilt Data -Saver Mode Available

Chrome also has builtin data saver but Almost everything on the net is moving to secure SSL so data saver will not help much as it does not touch a Secure connection. Only option is to use lower resolution for videos.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock