Nothing - A technology company by Carl Pei, Co-Founder of OnePlus

Carl Pei’s Nothing brand has been quietly expanding its horizons. 9to5Google has learned that Android co-creator Andy Rubin transferred the defunct Essential brand to Pei’s firm on January 6, with the handover starting at the UK Intellectual Property Office as early as November 11, 2020.

Carl Pei's Nothing now owns the Essential brand

Nothing owns Essential.. Woah.. 😂😂

Baby Lol GIF by MOODMAN

Nothing has some important announcement at 03.30 PM IST today.

Looks like they are taking pre-orders or selling some merch as part of bringing the customers as investors.

Nothing has some important announcement at 03.30 PM IST today.

Looks like they are taking pre-orders or selling some merch as part of bringing the customers as investors.
Nothing has announced crowdfunding where people can invest to become shareholders.

The minimum investment amount is 50euros and the maximum is 20,000euros.

Pre-registration is open now with crowdfunding going live in early March.

Nothing

Source

Last edited:

Source

Just visited our manufacturing facility in Chennai and here are my reflections

1. Big improvement from last year. Completely redone facilities with major improvements in cleanliness, security, and processes.

2. Making transparent tech is super hard. Let me just mention a few crazy things we have to do to avoid particles:
- whole-body uniforms for production line staff
- two layers of anti dust and static air showers
- air blasting downward from above the production line
- the floor is an elevated metal mesh, with water underneath
- air humidifiers installed at key sections
- using two fishing strings to transport the glass back panel

3. India's electronics exports will grow rapidly. There's a huge domestic market to support volumes, and the costs today are competitive. As the supply chain matures, the costs will further improve. I think India has a 5 year window to capture this opportunity, before automation becomes mainstream.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock