Note ban: Woman with Rs 25 lakh ends life in Telangana

Optimus_Prime

Contributor
Reaction score
MAHBUBABAD : A woman committed suicide on Thursday believing that the Rs 25 lakh cash in high denominations stashed at her house had become worthless.

Kandukuri Vinoda, 55, of Shanigapuram village in Mahbubabad mandal had sold her 12 acres at Amanagal for Rs 76 lakh to realtors two months back. Since her husband was suffering from paralysis, the family needed money for his treatment.

The buyers had paid Rs 48 lakh in instalments and the remaining amount was pending. Vinoda’s family had kept the money in their house instead of at a bank as they were planning to buy another piece of land. After paying about Rs 3 lakh for her husband’s treatment, she also cleared a debt of Rs 20 lakh.

Locals said Vinoda wanted to give Rs 10 lakh each to her two daughters Rajitha and Kavitha as they hadn’t paid any dowry.

Son had also wanted money from land sale

Her son Srinivas had demanded that the money be given to him. There was also an argument between the mother and son on the issue.

In the meanwhile, the announcement about the ban on Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes was made. This came as a shock to Vinoda who believed that the money was now, not valid. Disturbed because of the argument with her son and the ban, she committed suicide early on Thursday morning.
The people in the rural areas have been unable to comprehend the guidelines released by the RBI and several rumours that are making the rounds have made matters worse.

Pictures showing peanuts being served on Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes and cattle grazing on old high denomination notes are being circulated on social media more than factual messages. As a result, a wrong message is being sent and the rural population are confused about the worth of the old notes. Mahbubabad police registered a case of suicide and are investigating.

Note ban: Woman with Rs 25 lakh ends life in Telangana

Reactions: Omi
Media is to blame too they are not giving proper info to people & creating panic instead.

Absolutely true bro. If this incident is true then it's the media who is responsible

No wonder .. in South ppl kill them self whenever an actor or politician is dead . Such people still live in India

I Personally Think It May Be Any Personal Thing For This Suicide...

Now,The Currency Ban Is Trending All Over India,So,Some People Mixed Both Suicide With Currency Ban:s

One more news from my side

3 Crore found in owner of Groceries Shop in my village and now he is addmited in hospital :shy :rofl

Cant Able To Understand Bro..

For What Reason He Admitted In Hospital Shivraj Bro??

Due to shock of changing old notes into new and thinking about income tax department :shy

He is submerged his mony in home :rofl

ShivRaJ said:
One more news from my side

3 Crore found in owner of Groceries Shop in my village and now he is addmited in hospital :shy :rofl

he deserve it if that is black money means :lol:hehe:rofl:rofl:win ..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock