Not Impossible: Kapil Dev predicts Virat Kohli to score 400-plus score in Test

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Former India captain Kapil Dev on predicted prodigious Virat Kohli to make 400 plus in a Test match, thus breaking Brian Lara's record.
“Mark my words. Virat Kohli will make 400 plus in a Test match," Kapil told Deccan Chronicle.

India Test captain scored his first double ton in the first match against West Indies last week. At just 27, he is already hailed as one of the greats of the game.

“There has been a tremendous improvement in Kohli. Still, I would say Sachin was more talented. But Kohli is the type who will tear an attack apart," Kapil added while also comparing Kohli to Sachin Tendulkar.

"With so many Test matches coming up this season (17 featuring India) I am sure Kohli will find the perfect pitch to his liking on which he could threaten the world record 401. I know many pitches will be turners in the home season, but I am sure Kohli will get one or two perfect pitches. I am sure one day soon the record will be in danger,” he predicted.

West Indian great Lara is the only batsman to score a quadruple century in Test cricket.

Kohli has played 42 Tests and in 73 innings, he has scored 3194 runs, including 12 hundred and a double hundred, at an average of over 46.

Not Impossible: Kapil Dev predicts Virat Kohli to score 400-plus score in Test | Zee News

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock