Nishica NS888 Digital Solar/AC Mains Inverter Review

• Thread starter Vinay
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 16
  • Views: Views 8,034

Vinay

Reaction score
I wanted a digital inverter / UPS for my Wi-Fi router, charging my android tablet and for CFL, LED bulb based table lighting. I saw many brands and got this compact digital power inverter with an advantage of Solar charging facility from Manish Market opposite Crawford Market in South Mumbai for Rs1500.

The packaging is nice and bright with the features clearly listed on the box.

Now lets see the actual product. The Nishica NS888 Pro has a full black, strong plastic body.

The charge and run times are given in a table format on the body:

LED indicator lights and a warning buzzer are there too with a CFL bulb holder [B22 type base] onboard covered by a protection cap nicely tied to the body with a string.

Four 2 round/flat-pin sockets and one Universal 3-pin socket on the side supports 5 SMPS based loads totalling upto 60 watts together.

Dual charging option by AC mains and 12 to 15 Volts Solar panel. I prefer the solar option being a promoter of green energy and also to save on power bills :D

Then I got this 12 Volt 20 watts IP65 certified solar panel for Rs1700 from the same shop. The panel has a 5 metres wire with a reverse charge flow protector diode soldered into the connector box.

Solar panel temporarily kept on window and charging in progress. I will install it facing South-East with an Elevation angle of 23 degrees for optimizing the sunlight and good charging.

So after using it for around 6 to 7 hours a day, I feel this is quite good if the requirements are simple like CFL, LED bulb lighting, mobile, tablet charging etc.

great gadget Vinay.... congrats for getting it and thanks for sharing.... :tup:tup:tup above all welcome back to ddf... :luv

Very nice Vinay bhai, good shots also, welcome back after long time brother.

Excellent and informative review @vinay

Can we attach separate battery also?

I will also try to search this kind of Inverter.

Nice work, welcome back bhau.. :)

M@zh@R said:
Excellent and informative review @vinay

Can we attach separate battery also?

I will also try to search this kind of Inverter.

Thanks Mazhar bhai, Gssran bhai, Biswa, Bapun, Speedynetdrifter ji, Madhan ji and all

Yes Mazhar bhai, separate battery can be connected externally to red and black wires inside inverter cabinet. 12 Volts ki koi bhi Sealed Lead Acid battery chalegi 7Ah, 9Ah ya jyada Ah rating wali. Jitni jyada Ah [Ampere-hour] capacity, utna jyada time backup milega :)

speedynetdrifter said:
Very nice what's the total cost ...I'm in Delhi really want this.....impressed....

There is no appointed dealer in Delhi as of now for this Nishica Solar/AC rechargeable power inverter, but the same inverter is available online on Rediff Shopping for Rs1600 plus, Rs1700 plus and on eBay India for Rs2400 plus. [Beware of some sellers like the infamous Ojjas Enterprises on Rediff shopping, there are a lot of complaints about them :)]
Try asking Gifts, Electronics and Novelty items shops in Delhi.
These online sellers may or may not include battery and Solar panel is not provided for sure (They cite weight of battery, solar panel as the reason for increasing shipping cost).

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock