News from West Bengal

Riddhiman

Reaction score
At least ten dead as twin storms hit West Bengal
Mobile and Internet services were hit with the storm snapping overhead wires and damaging mobile towers. Two mobile towers in Uttarpara and Hindmotor of Hooghy district gave way, throwing vehicular traffic off-gear.
According to the metrological office, a norwester — a seasonal storm common in this part of the world — with gale speed of 84 km per hour hit the city and other south Bengal districts around 7:42 pm. Another storm struck Kolkata and adjoining districts with a wind speed of upto 98 km soon after 7:55 pm.
At least ten dead as twin storms hit West Bengal; rains lash Odisha, Jharkhand, Goa

Calcutta HC extends stay on West Bengal panchayat poll process
The Calcutta high court on Tuesday extended the stay on the panchayat poll process in West Bengal and said the State Election Commission's withdrawal of a notification giving an additional day for filing of nominations was in question before it.
Justice Subrata Talukdar extended the stay on the panchayat poll process till Wednesday morning when the matter would be heard again.

Calcutta HC extends stay on West Bengal panchayat poll process - Times of India

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there no democracy ? What is this @Sarkar bro ? I totally agree with you sarkar bro. The metro incident is very bad really.

I think it's the byproduct of men and women separation present in Kolkata transport system specially buses and trains aka ladies seat/coach. People are not used to seeing them side by side. So they reacted.

West Bengal, the land of tagore , has become waste Bengal under the rule of arrogant and selfish mamata

West Bengal, the land of tagore , has become waste Bengal under the rule of arrogant and selfish mamata
Stop posting this type of post. This is not a political thread. At first you came here, lived here then comment anything.Not only Bengal, if you follow news you can found every state have many kind criminal activities.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock