• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 82
  • Views: Views 13,264

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
General News and Current affairs from Odisha state can be posted here.

The Odisha cabinet on Wednesday decided to make Odia language mandatory on signboards of all shops and commercial establishments. To bring this into effect, the Odisha Shops and Commercial Establishment Act, 1956 would be amended in the budget session of the assembly beginning March 20.

The move is expected to get a push ahead of Utkala Dibasa, the foundation day of the state, on April 1, according to a government officer associated with the plan.

Odisha cabinet makes Odia language sign boards mandatory for shops

Nice effort bro... But I fear that you may have to create 29 similar threads for every state.... And I think it will be complete chaos once we have a similar thread for all states....This is welcome move so that news can be shared according to states but in future it will be difficult to go through once we got threads for all states....already 3 created I think...

How Irresponsible Odisha Govt.
How can Their Domain Expire

Last edited:
Just Checked in Chrome & Firefox
Still Not Working
Screenshot_20180317_195142_Chrome.jpg

A woman allegedly burnt her husband to death as he used to thrash her and their children in inebriated state at Saruabili in Jajpur district, police said on Wednesday. Though the incident took place on Sunday night, the 36-year-old man succumbed to his injuries at a hospital in Cuttack on Monday night, they said. Subash Singh, a driver by profession, came home drunk and misbehaved with his elder daughter. When the daughter opposed his indecent behaviour, he beat her up. Singh’s wife and another daughter came to the rescue of the girl. Singh then thrashed his wife and the children, they said.

Wife sets husband on fire in Odisha’s Jajpur district

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock