• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 46
  • Views: Views 3,416

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on Wednesday approved the National Education Policy 2020. The new policy aims to pave way for transformational reforms in school and higher education systems in the country, the Ministry of Human Resource Development said.

This policy will replace the 34-your-old National Policy on Education (NPE), 1986.
The new policy aims for universalisation of education from pre-school to secondary level with 100 % Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in school education by 2030.

National Education Policy 2020 announced, aims to increase spending to 6% of GDP

I think discussion need bros on this topic to know the pros & cons of New Education policy 2020

What do you guys think of this New Education policy? Kindly explain here. Let's have discussion on some useful topic.

What do you guys think of this New Education policy? Kindly explain here. Let's have discussion on some useful topic.
Its having lot of disadvantages and phase gates. Also it implies 3 language policy, which will not be bearable by students.
I hope our Tamilnadu Samacheer Kalvi policy far better than this new NEP2020 which implies a two language policy.
Due to various phase gates between 1st and 12th, there is high chance of dropouts...
I am proud to say our with our TN education policy we maintained a GER ratio of 49%..

Its having lot of disadvantages and phase gates. Also it implies 3 language policy, which will not be bearable by students.
I hope our Tamilnadu Samacheer Kalvi policy far better than this new NEP2020 which implies a two language policy.
Due to various phase gates between 1st and 12th, there is high chance of dropouts...
I am proud to say our with our TN education policy we maintained a GER ratio of 49%..
But there are also good things like focus on skill, Less syllabus, various stream like you can take Physics with Economic in school. And i think 3 language policy is absolutely needed till class 5. Like if a Tamil student is studying in Maharashtra, then he can easily study tamil as Third language. Same way a Bengali can learn bengali in Tamil. It should be 3 language till 5, then 2 language Native and English afterwards.

It isn't really necessary that the third language be Hindi or sanskrit. English, Tamil and any one more language, be it Malayalam, French, German or literally any other language mentioned in the NEP.

Learning more languages is definitely more beneficial than harm because this NEP discourages rote learning (or as we say in hindi ratta lagana). If rote learning was still encouraged then yes I agree with you, it will be unbearable.

Isn't phase gates for a 4 year bachelor course? It is definitely helpful. Back in 2017 my family members were not in good health. I really wanted to drop out of college for that year but with the old policy it wouldn't have been possible. Because of this, I ended up with really low grades in the 2 semesters that year, compared to what I had scored in the other semesters

But thankfully this NEP has multiple entry and exit points and resumption of course post a definite break. I would've loved to take a break for academic year of '17.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock