• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 17
  • Views: Views 1,655

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Netflix will soon launch a test letting primary account holders pay an additional fee for users outside their households — a new attempt by the company to address illicit password-sharing.

According to the Netflix terms of service, a customer’s account “may not be shared with individuals beyond your household.” After years of turning a blind eye to password-sharing behavior that falls outside that requirement, the company last year ran a limited test prompting users to enter their account credentials as a way to nudge freeloaders into paying for their own accounts.

I think it has more to do with the crackdown on device and iP combinations. Number of screens will remain the same

So what about single people who want to watch in 1080p or 4K? 😔

Like how they are giving an option to pay for an extra person, same way they should allow us to upgrade the stream quality while keeping other aspects the same. Like if you have the ₹149 Mobile Plan, pay another ₹50 to upgrade to 1080p. Same as how Hotstar is allowing to convert your Super plan to Ad-Free by paying some extra.

So, NF subcription might limited to 1 screen in future?
They are trying to implement it only for members on standard and premium plans. So screens remain same. 1 screen option doesn't work even with in the household even in the future!

Last edited:
I think it has more to do with the crackdown on device and iP combinations. Number of screens will remain the same
Here in India most ISPs provide Dynamic IP. Clearly, IP based restriction is out of equation. Device based restriction may work with the help of feature like registering a primary device.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock